DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Computer problem

Posted by Ita-390678 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by evenevenmoreantibs - 3 years ago

FireFox also slows computers down particularly if you have FaceBook open in a tab for any length of time, normally shutting FireFox down and restarting clears the rubbish.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Chrispy-108529 - 3 years ago

if you have chrome as a browser it picks up "bloatwarwe".  You can try clicking on the chrome menu that is three bars. Settings/advanced settings and the reset to factory original.  This will clear browsing  history, cookies, and more  importantly the add on programs that chrome attracts. Worked a treat for me and part of a regular routine

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ita-390678 - 3 years ago

Thank you all for your replies I have tried all your suggestions but unfortunately the problem persists! Know how you feel Iguana Rock am tearing my hair out!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ita-390678 - 3 years ago

Thank you all for your replies I have tried all your suggestions but unfortunately the problem persists! Know how you feel Iguana Rock am tearing my hair out!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

Another Windows 8 user. You have my utmost sympathy and I hope you recover soon.  I've been on anti-depressants since the day I had it (I am of course joking but only just!!)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

You could have too much clean up ware sitting on your computer.

Sorry no image available
Posted by barrya - 3 years ago

Had the same issues with Win8 after a Windows Update - deleted AVG and problem solved.

Sorry no image available
Posted by evenevenmoreantibs - 3 years ago

There is no one answer, you need to know what processes are running in the background but it can be dangerous changing them

To see what processes are ruining press Ctrl-Alt-Del and select 'Task Manager' then Processes, if you click the CPU tab, that will show you which processes are using the CPU most.

Lofty, AVG has become increasingly 'bloated' over recent years and may well be contributing to the slow-down of your machine. Current opinion is that Microsoft Security Essentials is about the least intrusive of the anti-virus programs.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lofty-385373 - 3 years ago

I have the same problem except on Windows 7. I have AVG antivirus (latest edition),Malwarebytes, Cleaner, Spyzooka and Speedzooka all of which I run regularly, yet the problem is getting worse. So I too would welcome some advice.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tinkatonk - 3 years ago

Just to add the ccleaner download is free.  

If this doesnt solve it be sure to run your anti virus software.