DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Does anyone know what cement board or aquapanel boards are in french?

Posted by winda1 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 4 years ago

Might be because the green is moisture resisitant?

Sorry no image available
Posted by nelly15 - 4 years ago

I thought the green was for bathrooms. Our French plumber thinks that!

Sorry no image available

And I have used ordinary green plasterboard on three different installations with no problems.

Sorry no image available
Posted by camion - 4 years ago

The french artisan tilers I know use Panneau d'agencement as above for pre tiling.

Sorry no image available
Posted by brian61 - 4 years ago

If it is for use in a wet room wouldn't the French just use Plaque de plâtre hydro and if you wanted a shower wall then carreau de plâtre plein hydo. I think that French rules & regs state that these products should not absorb more that 6% of water after 2 hours total immersion. Both would be suitable for tiling.

Sorry no image available
Posted by camion - 4 years ago

PANNEAU D'AGENCEMENT RIGIDE- they sell it in the Brico depot too in 10mm, 30mm and 50mm thickness 2.6m x 600mm

A lot cheaper than builders merchants.

Sorry no image available

You can use it to create a proper shower space instead of using those nasty plastic cubicles that always squeak, leak, and fall apart.  The panels are easy to cut and are designed to take tiling.

Sorry no image available
Posted by brian61 - 4 years ago

Les panneaux de ciment et fibrociment.     Never looked for it in France and never heard of it. But it looks as though one of the big names is Knauf who do lots of insulation type products. I think that you would probably have to shop around the builders merchants like Point.P to find it.

What are these boards used for as there might be something else that exists in France ?

Sorry no image available

Pop into a proper builders merchant like Big Mat and ask for Aquapanel Interior.  It's manufactured by the well-known German company Knauf.  If they don't stock it they will be able to get it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by rosieholt - 4 years ago

Bonjour de l'Angleterre,

PANNEAUX DE CIMENT        That's your lesson for today !