DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Drawing plans for building extention

Posted by andrew & elizabeth - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by TBUSLTD - 3 years ago

I can assist with CAD drawings and am close to Pontivy. If this helps contact me

Sorry no image available
Posted by moonface-404758 - 3 years ago

Tom Holdom, English speaking, French registered architect with lots of local experience and will be able to give you advice, including whether you need an architecte or not.  Based between Pontivy and Baud. 

info@tomholdomarchitecte.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by firestarter-435430 - 3 years ago

If your post re - look forward to receiving contact details refers to the architect YOU NEED TO EMAIL ME!

Sorry no image available
Posted by andrew & elizabeth - 3 years ago

Thanks for your response.    I have done exactly as you suggest however the Marie has asked for more detailed plans so I am looking for someone local to Pontivy who knows what is required and can draw up a proper plan etc.

Sorry no image available
Posted by andrew & elizabeth - 3 years ago

Thanks for that!!  Look forward to receiving contact details.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

Your first port of call should be your local Mairie - to find out what they require so that you can get your Permis de Construire. They will probably want scale drawings of the proposed conservatory (une véranda) - 3 sides plus plan, as well as a drawing showing its precise position on your plot of land (with the house drawn in as well) - and also a drawing showing the same again, but on a scale that shows neighbouring plots / houses / roads. A description of the structure materials and flooring (eg concrete base) needs to be included. They do not have to be prepared by architects - you can do them youself if you wish. You might find that the supplier of the conservatory will prepare the drawings (with or without cost). The Mairie will want loads of copies.

Several years ago when we were adding a carport to our house, I drew the plans etc myself and because we lived quite close to an ancient monument (very common in France eg most churches) my plans had to be submitted by the Mairie to the Architect de France for approval. They came back a few weeks later marked "approuvé" with a footnote advising the minimum slope for the roof - and no charge (then at least).

Sorry no image available
Posted by firestarter-435430 - 3 years ago

You could try Tom who is an architect and lives close to Pontivy.  As I don't want to post phone no publicly pm me and I will send it to you.