DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Drinking water delivery near Guer.

Posted by chrinsy - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by chrinsy - 3 years ago

ok.. im getting the picture. there is no provision to plumb a supply so i have two options

tank or borehole.or filter water from lake..(we drink bottled water anyhow)

tank water is fine as long as its sealed. didnt do me any harm for 15 years!! 

thanks for your help so far 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

As far as I know the regulations for domestic plumbing prohibit having a water storage tank that supplies water to the house, all French houses should be piped like that. The problem with water stored in a tank is that it goes off in time and tastes nasty if my experience with water tanks on boats is anything to go by.

Sorry no image available

thanks for that.. does that include provision for washing water or just drinking water?

Sorry no image available

the problem is we  are not connected to mains as its a fishing lake with a small cabin on site. we could draw water from the lake but it would need filtering.hence a tank with clean water for washing only. I have thought about a bore hole, as farmers usually sink one for irrigation.? I wasnt aware of the regulation regarding storage of water. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fitter - 3 years ago

Drinking water in france has to be drawn directly from the mains so it would seem to be against health regs to have it stored in a tank. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by bretonne - 3 years ago

I have never seen such a  service in France.  If you  need drinking quality water for the tanks you could ask the company that provides your domestic supply.