DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Dulux Paint - Same as UK?

Posted by HarleyRider58 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by HarleyRider58 - 3 years ago

Thanks everyone!!  Really appreciate all the feedback.

Problem solved!  Screwfix will ship to France and will be delivered within 3 business days.

Cheers!

Sorry no image available
Posted by duckman - 3 years ago

I thought they were A Swedish Company. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Callyb - 3 years ago

Akzonobel is in fact Dutch and the Dulux sold in France is not made by the Uk side of the business.

if you want the very best Dulux Paint you should by Dulux Trade far better than Retail as can be thinned by the decorator and has much better opacity.

Just do as we do buy it in the Uk just perfect every time water based of course.....

Sorry no image available
Posted by kenrose - 3 years ago

I was going to tell them that as I worked for Akzo Nobel.  But then I read your message and the following one, so I won't bother.  Most cars are also sprayef with their paint.

Sorry no image available
Posted by HarleyRider58 - 3 years ago

Iguana Rock...  I have emailed you....

many thanks!

Sorry no image available
Posted by mickael56 - 3 years ago

Akzo Nobel is a Dutch Multi-national Company.

Sorry no image available
Posted by vivaofsnape - 3 years ago

Akzo Nobel are Dutch

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Have seen this argument loads of times and have lived here fifteen years ,during that time I have used various French paints and have found some just as good as English stuff and some worse,I have bought one coat which took three coats to cover new placo and and other stuff that covered in two coats ,I have bought washable paint that you could wipe off with a damp cloth,I have also bough paint in the UK branded which took three coats to cover and gloss that yellowed in a few months ,I have bought cheap exterior paint and painted internal walls with it and its covered just as well as the more expensive stuff,I have also found that the German stuff they have now and again in lidl is as good as any paint I have ever bought in the UK,a French decorator I know only uses sigma which is like 14€ a litre for white emulsion ,its expensive but one coat of sous couche and one coat of the sigma pro stuff covers new placo ,a client supplied  some crown white for him to use and three coats later he went over it with a coat of sigma,some people have a bad experience with French paint and suddenly the whole lot is rubbish but this has not been my experience.

Sorry no image available
Posted by steve the painter - 3 years ago

Hmm....I was a Dulux 'Select' decorator in the UK for many years before I came to Fance, and I have found French paint to be just as good as any in the UK. However, I feel that Dulux Valentine is made specifically for the French market, namely the different climate, humidity and  temperature. And I stopped comparing a long time ago........I use the best, and pay accordingly. I live in France now, and French paint is what I use. It's excellent, if used by a professional.

Sorry no image available
Posted by mmzz - 3 years ago

just my two pennyworth. english paint far superior