DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

eco flo fosse system

Posted by paulbarrett22@gmail.com - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

It doesn't  matter what it costs it has to be approved by spanc,I didn't really want a sand bed but it was only option,some people have found that they have a property where they can't get approval for any type of fosse.

Sorry no image available
Posted by paulbarrett22@gmail.com - 3 years ago

system cost almost  8k !

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

Any system you install has to be approved by SPANC-basically they or an approved company will do a soil test and an étude then THEY TELL YOU what sort of fosse the size etc is suitable for your ground conditions the size of your house etc;the fosse should then be installed by a reputable company and it must be passed by a SPANC inspector.YOu will then get a certificate of conformity from your Marie.If you have not had the preliminay inspection work and the type of fosse you propose to install approved then you are heading into big problems.DO NOT PAY OR SIGN ANYTHING UNTIL YOU KNOW THAT SPANC HAS APPROVED IT FOR YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION

Sorry no image available
Posted by Itwasntme-998041 - 3 years ago

Hi Paul just out of interest if they want €4000 up front what is total build cost. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by sabc15-427548 - 3 years ago

As I said earlier we went to Spanc,they are the people that know and in my case very helpful,certainly don't pay for a devis or a deposit,until you have had your p/p granted and then get 3 or 4 prices for the system that has been agreed.sabc15.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Freda Checks - 3 years ago

There may well be tears, if you pay up front!

Don't do it - you are in a foreign country. Would you do this in the UK?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dibbyspot - 3 years ago

The answer is talk with SPANC. They not only arrange the soil test but they will also support the application of a particular type of fosse.

IDepending where you are also talk to the contractors - they are very knowledgeable. I too was tempted by the Ecoflo solution. In the end we went for the standard solution as advised by SPANC. For a 4 double bed house  with some other ground works it came in at under €7000 and was installed 2 months ago. The soil test, was €177 hope that helps.

Ours was the replacement of an old fosse. The certificate d'urbanisation on our other development did not depend on the fosse at all. though we are now engaging SPANC for that fosse system. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by sabc15-427548 - 3 years ago

Hi. we have a p/p in at the moment,but didn't even have to have a soil test,we contacted Spanc and as they were familiar with the area just made their recommendation, until we have the p/p we will not be approaching companies for prices.sabc15. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by paulbarrett22@gmail.com - 3 years ago

thats what i said  they wont release the proposal (eco flo) without the money so therefore i cant submit it

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Mine had to be sand filter because land was heavy clay,whatever system you intend to use it has to be approved as part of the planning application.