DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

EDF - alternative

Posted by pony1 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by woody-383477 - 3 years ago

We used Direct Energie and it turned into a nightmare - be warned!

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

We use Direct energy ,which came out cheapest in a report .

Sorry no image available
Posted by brian61 - 3 years ago

The French "Which" type magasine called "Que Choisir" will compare prices for you. You will need to fill in a questionnaire concerning your location and comsumption (details usually on your last EDF bill) they will then calculate and give the prices of the other suppliers.

My experience with Lampiris is that the fixed charges remain the same as EDF but consumption is slightly less. I used Lampiris because they have good prices for town gas which I use for heating & hot water. Changing over was very simple with me taking a meter reading (EDF then billed me up to that reading). There are a number of documents to be completed on-line giving Lampiris yours and location details. They will then set up monthly payments according to your estimated usage. ERDF continue to take 6 monthly/annual readings. You get an annual statement showing what you have paid and the cost of electricity used.

Best thing that I have found with Lampiris is that when you phone then up they answer very quickly. I have been able to simply modify my monthly payments. When the lock on the plastic type door cover which hides my road side gas meter broke, I phoned them up and they organised with GRDF to come out and replace it at no extra charge. Overall I am very satisfied with Lampiris.