DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

EDF - backdating some amendment to tariff bleu to 2012

Posted by michaelangelo-395396 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

Not a great idea, Freda.

The French have had their moan, i'ts all been hacked out in the Press and online and they've accepted that it's necessary. So yes they are paying it because they know that not paying it will only result in fines, hassle and a bigger bill in the end.

Mention it to your neighbours, see what they say? 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Freda Checks - 3 years ago

That's another one for the waste bin! Can you imagine the French locals just rolling over without a fight and paying this?

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

michaelangelo

Watty, thanks - have mailed you.

Reveuse , I do not know anyone French friend wise who can pay this on my behalf.

Michaelangelo

Well there's a fine thing.  Been friends for several years when you were over here and suddenly you don't know me!  Must be an elderly moment!

If you need this paying email me direct.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sophie hunton - 3 years ago

Did that work out at 5%?

Sorry no image available
Posted by finnben1-565557 - 3 years ago

To answer an earlier question, it doesn't just apply to tarif bleu. We're not on tarif bleu and we had a bill for €27 about a month ago.

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

Fair enough. But it will be impossible for them to recover all the deficit.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Reveuse-918439 - 3 years ago

Not exactly moi, because the bleu tarif was set too low by the government, not by EDF. The government was advised at the time that the tarif had to increase to cover costs butit ignored the advice and kept the increase capped at 2 per cent.

EDF charged what it was told to charge then, and now it's been told to issue retrospective bills. 

Sorry no image available

That's not an excuse for your faulty logic.  :)

If people are no onger resident in France and may not be contactable any more then good luck to them recovering charges.

Sorry no image available
Posted by suziepops - 3 years ago

As I said before, at the end of the day, it's got to be paid!

Sorry no image available

No-not the same. EDF fixed the unit charge for the fuel and charged accordingly-it's written on the bill what you are expected to pay. Retrospectively they decided they'd set the chrge too low and-as a result of a bad business decision-they've persuaded the government to back them making up their shortfall.

A tax percentage is fixed until a government decides to raise or lower it.