DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Electric meter not switching to

Posted by menagerie-389151 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by camion - 3 years ago

my hours are 23.30 - 7.30 and have been for the past 9 nine years, I think the times differ in different areas.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lapin-436112 - 3 years ago

EDF is getting rid of the heurs creuses during midday....so if you still have it enjoy as it wont be much longer! it will be 8 hours during the night for everyone.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rudge - 3 years ago

The change in the hours are only on my latest edf bill  rcd,a few days ago, the previous bill lists the hours harley rider mention . Look carefully on the left hand  of any new bill where it says 'electricite tafif bleu' 

I hear the switching automatically on my meter , faairly close to the stated new times. perhaps they are changing in stages , depending on the locality ? 

It must be 2 or 3 months since I had a letter explaining the changes , so  not a surprise to me .

All tarif bleu must surely be the same , allowing some leeway in changing over .? I cannot believe I am unique ?

Sorry no image available
Posted by grannydot-403561 - 3 years ago

We haven't had a letter to say the change, perhaps it is just for the option that doesn't get the 2hrs midday. We get 2 hrs 12.30 ish to 2.30ish. And then the other 5 hrs during the night, when the washer and dishwasher go on.

Sorry no image available
Posted by HarleyRider58 - 3 years ago

Hi,  we're on Tarrif Bleu.   7 days a week, our power switches at 12:37 for two hours and again at 01:37 until 07:37.  We here it "click" as our metre is in our kitchen.

Sorry no image available

PS , further to my reply, this is for 'tarif bleu' , which I am on .

Sorry no image available

EDF changed the hours of the pleine and creuse tariffs in September in Brittany. I was sent a letter months ago explaining the change .

The hours for the tarifs are on the left hand side of the main bill sent out , now 21.30 H  - 0530H , no mention of Sunday difference 

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

I have only just spotted this item whilst looking for something else. I am fairly sure that the off peak hours (heures creuses) only operate at night - about 23.30 to 7.30. Take a look at the EDF website under "particuliers" (individuals as opposed to business users).

I guess you have had no replies because this is posted under Non Local instead of the main headings - did you put the posting in the Non Local ?