DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

English Paint

Posted by Durham Lass-390934 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 4 years ago

We use Castorama's own label 'Casto' exterier wood paint and it's very good.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Durham Lass-390934 - 4 years ago

Many thanks for all the information. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Murphyg - 4 years ago

Castorama which is owned by B&Q sells Dulux paint plus many others

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 4 years ago

Generally true.  French paint is not that bad once you get used to buying the most expensive brands and putting twice as many coats on to get the coverage.  The one star in the lineup is lasure for wood.  It knocks spots of anything Cuprinol sells.

Sorry no image available
Posted by PamandAndrew-390752 - 4 years ago

I've been using French paint for well over 10 years and had no problem whatsover...it may be a little more expensive (who knows) but I've found the quality, choice of colours etc etc to be fine if using a branded product, as I would in the UK! You can get wood/metal primer undercoat in most Brico's...I use it for everything as it sticks like glue...very good for painting over laquered wood, such as lambris, if you can't be bothered to take it off! I didn't think 'good paint' in the UK is actually cheap. Anyway, give French paint a try...you may be surprised...the French don't generally paint quite as much as Brits and expect it to last for years...

Sorry no image available
Posted by Brian Stone - 4 years ago

You'll find Dulux paint available on Amazon.fr

Sorry no image available
Posted by Scarlett-397347 - 4 years ago

To answer your question Durham Lass, French paint is very expensive & as a lot of us are aware, not a patch on English stuff in quality or choice of colours. You can get 'Little Green' here, we have bought this in St Briac & Rennes, it's expensive here, but very good English paint, Google it to see if you have a supplier near you.

We do have shops in Dinan, one which sells 'Autantico' or something like that, the other is a French one, 'the little shop of colours' which we do like, 

Hope this is helpful information as opposed to sarcasm. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Durham Lass-390934 - 4 years ago

Sorry, I don't think I made myself very clear.  We are actually wanting English paint and not French paint, as we have heard that the latter is not as good.  

Sorry no image available
Posted by NellP-986196 - 4 years ago

Leroy Merlin, Bricomarche, Mr Bricolage, Castorama all stock paint for every use you might want it for,

Sorry no image available
Posted by lamb chop - 4 years ago

yes they sell paint all over France ;-)

any brico