DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Estate Agents

Posted by MadCatLady - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Discovery2 - 3 years ago

Hi Lisa, it may seem strange but a lot of Notair's and estate agents go on Holliday in July and August like the rest of France that could be why you have received no replies to you e mails. Hopefully next week things will start to get back to what passes as normal. Good luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Barneybob - 3 years ago

Hi Lisa,

You have to use a notaire as they are the state solicitors but you are not obliged to use the estate agents. It's probably better to visit businesses in person as the French don't always answer emails

or are slow to do so. Notaires are extremely slow indeed I'm afraid and this is something I don't think we can do anything about.

Regards,

Rose

Sorry no image available
Posted by MadCatLady - 3 years ago

Hi yes I am looking at Green-Acres and Leggets.  I have found a property on ouestfrance-immo.com and have sent several requests via the property link, asking for more info etc.  But they are not sending me anything in return.  I just get an automated email saying they have received my request.  Any ideas?  Desperately want to see photos of the interior of this particular house.  Getting frustrated with them now :-(

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dibbyspot - 3 years ago

Frstly forget the Estate Agents as other posters have said Leboncoin or you can try this site the notaire have set up http://www.immobilier.notaires.fr it has a pretty good search tool and you can decide what to buy.

Be aware that France is still a buyers market and so you can act accordingly. Many properties are on the market for months if not years - depending what you are seeking. There are a lot of bargains and a lot of dross - as ever depends on what you are seeking.

Notaires are state regulated and their charges are defined the vast majority are highly professional. They are a little sleepy compared to English Estate agents but most will act fairly for both parties.

Bon chance

Sorry no image available
Posted by one4all-436374 - 3 years ago

I have used www.leboincoin.com several times for both buying and selling, so it has worked for me and my buyers, however there are several other sites for private buyers/sellers including Ouest France (both paper and on-line), proprietees-privee.com, seloger.com etc

However if you  want to go down the  Estate Agent route you really need to visit and search the region first, Morbihan is a Department NOT an area - so asking for a recomendation for Morbihan is like asking someone to name a good agent in Yorkshire !!

Sorry no image available
Posted by rance-781573 - 3 years ago

If Leboncoin is what the French use to buy houses, then who uses the Estate Agents and Notaires for buying property ? I agree though, Leboncoin can be useful but they don't have anywhere near the properties the immos have and if you look on the site,many of the Ads on there are from Immos anyway.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Freda Checks - 3 years ago

....and have you looked at the fees they charge the buyers?

Have a look at Leboncoin.fr - that is what the French use.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

Have you looked at Leggetts or Greenacres? 

Sorry no image available
Posted by goodfellowkg - 3 years ago

If you are looking anywhere near Trinite Poerhoet.  Try IDA Immobilier ,she is a one woman operation,  

speaks good English.  And Will  be straight with you

Sorry no image available
Posted by Barneybob - 3 years ago

Hello,

You don't have to use an estate agent in France and it's much cheaper if you don't.

You can just use a notaire so will end up only paying notaire's fees. Many people advertise their house on a French website called "Leboncoin" I'm currently advertising my own house in Morbihan on it.; it has a building opposite where I used to run a small business. The notaire I have always used who has a good reputation is Monsieur Binard in the town of Mauron.

Regards,

Rose