DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Estate Agents

Posted by Millie2010 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by loobylu-395283 - 3 years ago

Have you tried www.propertyforsaleinbrittany.com ?

Good luck in your house hunt!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Millie2010 - 3 years ago

Again thank you everyone who has responded. We have been contacted by quite a number of people from the forum and again, thank you for messaging us with details of your properties.

Sorry no image available

Again, thanks everyone. We arrive this Sunday for 3 weeks so hopefully we will be able to begin our quest Armed with your good advice.

In with both feet......

Sorry no image available
Posted by Baud56 - 3 years ago

Hi Millie,

It may be as suggested that many agents/staff are on holiday in August and until children return to school. My friend Beverly Smiths is a top agent for Leggetts here in Brittany. Go on to their website and shoot her a message. If she can't help you, I guarantee she'll find someone that will. Today.

She's just that good. I'm jealous.

The French agents on the other hand are actually paid hourly in addition, and not solely by commission so they are definitately unlikely to respond gung-ho in August.. If there is a property you're super interested in and the French agent doesn't respond, contact Beverly anyway, the real estate system here is weird, but she'd probably be able to show it to you anyway.

Le Bon coin is a good suggestion IF you speak very good French and understand the notarial system here.

Best of luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lebotts - 3 years ago

You can't really beat Green Acres, sold our house in Normandie in under 8 weeks. Also French Property.com , Property in France, Brittany Properties there are loads of them out there. Good Luck! Martin.

Sorry no image available

Thank you for that, we'll certainly try that one.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dibbyspot - 3 years ago

You might also try  http://www.immobilier.notaires.fr/ we found the notaires acted and were very effective. Worth recognising they will also negotiate for a fee. The sale process can be quite extended depending on the property and your clauses substantive.

Prices are about 30% up on reality so negotiation is critical as well as determining how long a property has been on the market. The longer the bigger the discount you can push for.

Bon chance

Sorry no image available

Thanks for replies everyone. Much appreciated. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by kerguen - 3 years ago

Most  firms including some estate agencies I believe close down or work short staffed during August so probably can only cope with face to face calls - they aren't the speediest. - the response from french estate agencies is no where near as good as UK ones.  If you say what area you are looking at, I'm sure someone local can give recommendations on the best agencies in the given area. Otherwise as a previous poster said - try leboncoin, facebook brittany sales or greenacres are all good sites.

good luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by aramanta - 3 years ago

Where do you want to buy? Wendy from Ar Ger Immo is great and they handle a good area. Email her in English on wendy.chadwick@ar-ger.com - she's based in Plougasnou. We're happy buyers but we've also met some happy sellers - so good all round