DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

firewood

Posted by Annenain - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by enthuisiasm - 3 years ago

Tertrais, thank you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by tertraie - 3 years ago

Another way that often works is to go www.leboincoin.fr then choose Brittany as region, In the left hand box type 'bois de chauffage' and tick the little box for 'in title only', then in the category choice scroll down to  Maison, and then choose ' jardinage' . (you can also just leave it as 'toutes categories').

Now put your postcode in the last box . Up will pop a list of communes with that postcode.  You can either choose your own or choose 'toutes les communes' ( all the neighbouring ones). and click recherche.(search)

Most ads are from farmers who have wood for sale either dried or not. Some are professional wood suppliers. Some will deliver for a price, some you'll need to pick up yourself.

I wish AI would add the above to the infos pages as this so often asked and as nearly everyone uses wood for heating.

Sorry no image available
Posted by TimberTec - 3 years ago

There is a company that sells firewood on AI . Give them a try.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Colomban - 3 years ago

Try here:

http://www.kersabois.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by blotto - 3 years ago

Thought I'd look at the kersabois site for future reference, but no server found.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Annenain - 3 years ago

Many thanks everyone and for the extra info about multi fuel. I ordered online and couldn't find any delivery charge so it must be if you buy in LeClerc stores.  Will try out the other suggestions, too.  We have only been in Brittany for four weeks so everything is all very new.

Anne

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

The Bretagne multi energies prices include delivery

Sorry no image available
Posted by lakeman-415065 - 3 years ago

Assuming you are looking for logs and not just kindling I recommend Kersabois.  They have a website www.kersabois.fr which will give you contact details.  Have used them for seven years, good wood and a nice chap to deal with.

For the website you must LOG on!   Sorry just could not resist it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sunshinedays - 3 years ago

LeClerc charge around 95 euro for delivery so the total cost for the wood is very expensive. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Annenain - 3 years ago

Thanks for that.  I've decided on the online Leclerc and am currently creating an account which is good fun with my scrappy french.  Got to learn though.  Anne