DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Fosse Septique

Posted by jackandjill-436361 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by jackandjill-436361 - 4 years ago

Thanks everyone for your replies. Sounds it can be quite expensive depending who is used so will have to be careful.

Sorry no image available
Posted by brionybob - 4 years ago

We have just paid 8500 euros for a coco filter fosse septique. Quotes were up to 15000 for same thing. Shop around!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dibbyspot - 4 years ago

This is a complex issue:

+ what is the defiend capacity of your property (EH) value

+ holiday home or principle residence

+ underlying geology - pleanty of hidden rocks

+ available space

Finally, the view of the local SPANC. you may well find that the local commune will offer an incentive but this applies only to principle residence. Probably the best first step is talk to SPANC who also have a list of local contractors and will define if you need a soil test. Locally this is €170 or 10% of the works costs to a maximum. Good luck it is not that simple.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sabc15-427548 - 4 years ago

I have just been quoted 10k for a straight forward fosse,not including soil tests,inspection etc,when we had ours done 5yrs ago it cost 6k,so again how long is a piece of string,if you get 2-3 prices you will get a good idea.sabc15.

Sorry no image available
Posted by JimH-405027 - 4 years ago

How long is a piece of string? There are many on here who only paid 4-7000. I was quoted nearer 12/13000 for a straightforward installation. That was 6 years ago. I can't tell you what it cost as I don't have that sort of money To get it done. When you think you have found your ideal home, I would suggest you get a quote as they all differ, even to the area you live in.