DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Fosse septique

Posted by ronsmum - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Goon-Heaven - 3 years ago

Geegee: Thank you for your insights.

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Shouldn't be any defects

Sorry no image available
Posted by tigre-979768 - 3 years ago

I wouldn't rely on spanc taking responsibiliy for any defects that occur in the future. You know what they say about the word 'assume' it can make an Ass out of U and ME!!!

Sorry no image available

Structural repairs is ten years ,although some people will say that you have to cover everything its not exactly correct,its only what the french regard as grosse ouvre ( structural), you can buy an insurance if you feel you need it,with regards to the fosse spanc have to inspect it in its uncovered state and I would assume that once approved it would be their problem if it proved troublesome.

Sorry no image available

Thanks geegee.

Are there examples of standard owners guarantee statement wording available?

Would the guarantee have to insured?

I've also done some structural repairs to house, gulp. 

Sorry no image available

Ten years against major faults ,spanc will check and approve the installation.Ten years with a fosse is difficult because its covered by regs that could change at anytime ,the guarantee would cover against faulty installation, any defects in materials would be covered by the manufacturer, all you have to do is instal it properly,no skimping.

Sorry no image available

If I install a new fosse septique myself, then sell the house, does that mean I have to offer some sort of "installers 15year insurance"?

Sorry no image available

A lot of septics have been failed because they lack ventilation after the tank,or there are no observation chambers on the filter bed,or in some cases because they cannot find the filter bed,one case I know of they couldn't find the fosse, but it does seem that septic installations have got a bit expensive, around two grand Max for the gear and a day and half for a bloke and digger ,six to eight grand does sound a bit steep,I have to have two done ,one a standard filter bed system and one a sand filter bed system, I intend to hire a digger and put it in myself as once the soil test is done you get a recommendation for type and a layout plan.

Sorry no image available
Posted by kerguen - 3 years ago

Kanak,

Sorry the rain water does not go into the fosse that  does go into separate drainage. I meant to say grey water twice.    It is the grey water from the downstairs bath, sink and kitchen sink that was originally draining thro' a pipe into a  underground  drainage filter.  This was quite acceptable when the system was installed as long as it went thro' a grease filter first.   We do not use the the said bath, but the sink water when the pipe blocked was overflowing from the grease trap into the garden - we had a friend  install for us a temporary divert measure for this water into the existing fosse until the new fosse is fitted .

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kanak - 3 years ago

kerguen,     I'm a bit confused about the destination of your  rainwater..  for me, the one place it was not allowed to go was into the fosse. ( Isn't grey-water the bath effluent?)