DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

France Telecom internet phone.

Posted by Dave Evans-439024 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Evans-439024 - 3 years ago

Thanks for that dozygirl. They did give up rather easily with Orange! Watty they do have an answering machine so will suggest they disconnect it for a while and see what happens.

Dave

Sorry no image available
Posted by Watty-794352 - 3 years ago

Do they happen to have an answer machine?  

I stayed at a friend's house once where I experienced the same problem.  Once I'd disconnected the machine, the 3131 worked.  (However this only gives the last number.)  My theory was that, because the call was answered by the machine, it didn't record it for 3131   ...   but I'm not at all technically minded!

I have an old-fashioned type telephone (with cord) which displays all my incoming calls, both answered and unanswered   ...   until I delete them.    

One of my best buys from Leclerc ten years ago.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dozygirl-10045474 - 3 years ago

So, they have already been onto Orange.  Tell them to keep onto them as it is Orange's responsibility to fix it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Evans-439024 - 3 years ago

georgeV sarcasm isn't needed just useful advice. I am only repeating what my friend told me, if they say FT to me then FT it is. They have already been in touch with their supplier to no avail.

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

I don't think the Financial Times run telephone services in France!

If you are writing about France Telecom then also it doesn't provide telephone services in France so maybe you mean Orange.

Get your friend to ring the English Speaking helpline of Orange FR and they will help your friend.