DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

free.fr

Posted by drumshade - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

I don't understand what the problem is, the 2€ forfait is unlimited texts,unlimited sms's and two hours of calls to French landlines, French and American mobiles and landlines in 56 other countries, which includes the UK, we have between us seven free 2€ sims and we can ring UK landlines from France with all of them.

Sorry no image available
Posted by drumshade - 3 years ago

any uk numbers i try it says number not in use

Sorry no image available

The travel option is to use the phone while you are abroad, not to ring international numbers while you are in France.

Sorry no image available

beenon site and it says 
To take advantage of this option, please activate the "Travel" option: an advance payment of € 10 by credit card on your next bill. Voice communication, SMS, Internet and MMS are charged at the rates applicable from abroad to € Package 2 indicated in the price list.Internet communications and MMS from abroad are only possible if you have enabled the DATA

Sorry no image available

If you check out the website it lists all the countries included in the ,2€ sim forfait, the UK is one of them, the bonus also is you can phone US mobiles which is really really handy.not.

Sorry no image available
Posted by carpcatcher-641500 - 3 years ago

Hi Barwood

thanks for that, i will give it a try

alan

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 3 years ago

Carpcatcher, I had to go to my account and activate my line to allow calls outside od France (it was free)

Sorry no image available
Posted by camion - 3 years ago

Maybe you should contact free and ask them, we have had ours for years, maybe they have changed the package?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Joe-Huelgoat-383105 - 3 years ago

Very strange.  I can phone almost all of the EU landlines and never get charge a cent?

You can't get in trouble bill wise as if you do not pay the 10€ fee it will not let you make an call to a destination not included in the 2 free hours call allowance.

ie if I try to phone a UK mobile whilst in France it will not connect.

If I try to use it in the UK it shows emergecy calls only as I do not pay the 10€

Sorry no image available

the same for me can call france landline and mobile but cannot recive landline or mobile from abroad