DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Free.fr internet provider

Posted by Catherine S-898238 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by d.browning - 3 years ago

I would not recommend them as it is impossible to speak to a real person should you have a problem. I've just changed to a good deal with Orange

which is another way of saying that they don't have an English speaking helpline? had free for 2 years, fix+internet+mobile for 35.98 pm, had 2 problems which were resolved immediately, both due to errors on our part. they've been subject to negative publicity mainly due to the big 3, orange,bogeys (deliberate typo), and sfr deliberately interfering with their lines/reception  thus slowing down bandwiths on internet connections. orange,plus another, were each fined €600,000 in the last few years for doing it, it wasn't the first offence, and warned about future conduct.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Joe-Huelgoat-383105 - 3 years ago

Moved to Free when they took over Alice which we had been on for years.

Now also have the Free (free as in no money) sim card that gives 2 hours mobile talk time per month to UK and all EU and includes French mobiles.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Foxie-986308 - 3 years ago

Same experience as the previous poster. I moved to Free from Alice about a year ago and it does what it says on the tin. You also get a very good mobile deal as a Free subscriber.

Sorry no image available
Posted by robhelliker - 3 years ago

We had Alice and they were taken over by free we have had this service for years . Good value for money. We hade a problem and they were their the next day sorted the problem their and then so I can only speak as I have found. good luck rob

Posted by Joyce - 3 years ago

I would not recommend them as it is impossible to speak to a real person should you have a problem. I've just changed to a good deal with Orange