DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

fuel oil consumption

Posted by callac4ever - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lumbersexual-992851 - 3 years ago

My company felled conifers shading 3 sides of a property.

The client has since observed that his fuel bill has dropped from over 4k to 2.4k as a result.

Demonstrates the power of the sun throughout the day on roof and walls.

House was already double glazed and insulated.

Jack

Sorry no image available
Posted by callac4ever - 3 years ago

Brian2bin.....would love to swap to multifuel boiler but this is a rental property and the 8/10,000 euros would take 3 years rent. Thought for the future though.seems I will return to plumber and get him to explain the controls to me better. Would be easier eith a wood burner!

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

The plumber should have set the hot water temperature when he serviced the boiler but it should be adjustable on the boiler ,the bit I cannot understand is the 40° bit,where is it set at 40° ?,on the boiler or the room stat as the boiler temperature bares no relation to the room temperature ,the room temperature should be governed by a main stat or thermastic valves,if the boiler is set at 40° then this is the temperature of the water leaving the boiler which then cools as it passes around the system,40° is actually quite low ,most systems are normally around 55° - 60°.

Sorry no image available

Dozygirl......exactly, he is complaining that the water is too hot...and the boiler is constantly on trying to achieve 40°c.I was only asking about oil consumption rates....not a lecture!

Sorry no image available
Posted by dozygirl-10045474 - 3 years ago

callac4ever - 40 deg. C is 104 deg. F, and he wants his rooms that hot?  No heating system could reach that temperature.  The only way to achieve that would be to set fire to the place. 

tap water 70 deg. C is 158 deg. F.  You could not put your hands under that to wash up.

My shower is set at 38 deg. C.

Absolutely no way!

Sorry no image available
Posted by brian2bin - 3 years ago

My 3 bed house on year one with oil was €500 a month easily so changed to a multifuel boiler stove  we now heat the whole house for €1000 a year at around 20 deg C cosy and a lot cheaper than oil.

Sorry no image available
Posted by avoican - 3 years ago

My heating is autoregulating to the outside temperature , I have 7 bedrooms 2 enourmous reception rooms 3 bathrooms kitchen etc around 450m2 and I used about 330 litres a month, changed to a modern boiler now down to 250 ltrs a month and as it supplies all year around hot water it runs 365 days a year

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Heating in bedroom should be 19° and main lounge 21°,26° is lay on the beach temperature, does the system have a room stat or individual rad thermostats or is he setting the temperature on the main boiler stat,you will have to explain to him if he wants to spend all winter in the tropics then its going to cost.

Sorry no image available

Dozygirl.......no he likes his rooms at 40°c and the water from the tap at 70°c.plumber says heating should be at 26 and water at 45-65, thus why I think he has used all his oil, and the oil we lrft him, so quickly!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dibbyspot - 3 years ago

It seems your tenant is very profligate. From bitter experience such tenants can be a real problem as they prefer sub tropical heat to paying their rent. Trust you will not have the same problems.