DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Gas Bottles

Posted by flyer58uk - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by flyer58uk - 3 years ago

Thanks all

i will see why is in Taupint and Mauron don't think i have the option or room to take from the UK....

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikyMoo - 3 years ago

You're corrected Anonymous Dordogne, it says on B/F info  can carry 3 x 15 LT cylinder s so look befor  you jump ,and Flyer58UK douesnt  say what vehicle he drives ,most  on this site  try's to help and not hinder.keep warm this Winter .

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

Have you considered getting a small tank from one of the gaz companies?  The do a small one ideal for just cooking.

Sorry no image available
Posted by roversteve - 3 years ago

Hi,

Tauopnt is not that far from you. Also super U in mauron has them that's where we rented ours from.

Steve.

Sorry no image available
Posted by flyer58uk - 3 years ago

Thanks for all your replies.....

Its a shame all local suppliers have stopped atocking these large bottles..

If there are any in the Loyat area, I would appreciate their details.

Thanks again

Graham

Sorry no image available
Posted by Yellowperill - 3 years ago

Technically speaking you are not supposed to carry gas cylinders in a passenger vehicle in the UK, LPG cylinders carried in or on passenger vehicles, unless part of the fuel system for the vehicle engine are dangerous loads and therefore must not be carried

Sorry no image available
Posted by bcw66 - 3 years ago

from brittany ferries web site

When travelling in a vehicle, a maximum of three 15kg gas cylinders may be carried. All cylinders should be adequately secured against the movement of the ship and the cylinders must be switched off during the crossing.

no mention of a locker

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

Allowed by who?   I'm happy to be corrected but I think you should check with the ferry people before transporting gas bottles loose.  Yes, they are OK in motorhomes & caravans but in those cases they are secured in proper gas lockers, etc.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MikyMoo - 3 years ago

Hi why not take your own over  and it would be cheaper ,if you have the room,UR allowed 3 x 15 kg s or 1 x 47 kg, but would need to change regulater , then use French gas as back up,good luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by roversteve - 3 years ago

Hi , We get our 35 kg bottles from the little shop in Taupont, The one with the bar attacthed .