DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Gas man

Posted by Sue2-416794 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sue2-416794 - 3 years ago

Thanks again. All sorted now.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sandpiper - 3 years ago

hi probably flexi tube as othes have suggested. We had the same problem when we bought a house & an ordinary plumber fixed with a modern pipe.

Good luck.

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

Have you tried RYO in Malansac?  The came out to my gas supply when I thought I had a leak.

Parc d'Activités de la Chaussée, 56220 Malansac
02 97 66 18 75

In the meantime don't use your cooker, isolate it from the supply.

Sorry no image available

Thanks all. We have a French gasman here at this very moment - whole house smells of gas, kitchen cupboards all emptied onto the floor, lots of tools and scratching of head - but he's here!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dibbyspot - 3 years ago

Contact your gas supplier or the Mairie as suggested.They should be able to support you in this. Bon chance.

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

Ps Normally an out of date flexi tube should be pickedup in the diagnostics

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

Look at the flexible tube that connects the gas cooker to the supply pipe.These are dated and what often happens is that people forget to change them and they go brittle and detreriorate causing a leak.If it is this pipe you can usually buy a replacement in any brico but if you are not confident then use a pro.Perhaps you could go to the Marie and ask if they know of anyone explaining your choir predicament.

Sorry no image available
Posted by GoneandDunit - 3 years ago

If you can smell gas then using the appliance is a NO NO!!!!!.

I'm sure your guests would rather eat cold food than leave your home in a coffin.

I am not being over dramatic, as an ex gas installer I have seen a number of houses wrecked because of a SMALL gas leak.

Please do not risk it.

Pete.

Sorry no image available

We have a large tank of gas in the garden, but we think we've narrowed it down to the gas cooker, as when we turn off the local supply beside the cooker, the smell stops. When we turn it on again, we gete the smell. I'm reluctant to leave it on and use the cooker, but with 3 weeks of family and friends arriving next week, I'll have to.

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 3 years ago

Are you on mains gas? is it a supply problem!

or a faulty gas cooker?