DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Getting Access to Mains Water

Posted by HarleyRider58 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by littlefish-439129 - 3 years ago

Thanks busted, I always feel a bit awkward giving advice on here, in my surrounding area its SAUR occupied with water supplies but don't know for the rest of France, I normally only work within a 20 kms radius. The question was about who to contact, not where the bill for usage is paid; I certainly don't think the mairie will send  their ouvriers out and do the work, but , this is France........thanks again

Sorry no image available
Posted by Busted1 - 3 years ago

Thank you LittleFish , I had to extend the water to my house and had to ask permission from my neighbour to use his connection, It was the SAUR who did it and billed me and my water usage and drainage is billed by  the Mayors office, and the bleed valve is now after my connection !

Sorry no image available
Posted by phlophf-409902 - 3 years ago

Not all water is supplied by saur.....ours is billed directly from the Marie and Saur does not come into it...I would either call in at the Marie and ask them, or check it out with the neghbour and if its Saur go striaght to them

Sorry no image available
Posted by littlefish-439129 - 3 years ago

Firstly, please don't criticise if wrong because rules , regs , etc change very often but done quite a few (demands) for clients, get in touch with SAUR. Normally they send someone out, he takes photo and gives you a printed picture of where the supply is and comes from with the info to your property and a devis. The last one I did about 6 months ago cost around 1500 euros for a very short connextion to the mains. If the neighbours as been installed for quite a while and its the 'end of the line' somewhere after his stop tap will be another access to the pipework. This is used for 'bleeding'; cleaning the water. If not perhaps the 'mains' continue further and could work out slightly cheaper; Beware you will have to pay a minimum of 50 per cent deposit and wait weeks and weeks and weeks......

Sorry no image available
Posted by Emu-408495 - 3 years ago

Busted1 - if you read the op again you will see that the neighbour is already connected, why do you think the neighbour would be charged?

if its a question about water, the first place to contact is the water supplier

if its a question about electricity, the first place to contact is the electricity supplier.

if its a question about telephone/wifi, the first place to contact is the supplier of the service

if you are ill, the first place to contact is a doctor

All of these suggestions will get things done, by the right people, in the right way

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fish24 - 3 years ago

"Running a spur" might mean having to dig up Communal land/road/street/ditch and would require authorisation from the Mairie but which maybe 'free'?

Sorry no image available

Thats funny EMU I think I just said that ?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Emu-408495 - 3 years ago

As your neighbour already had mains water I would think that the supplier would just need to run a spur from the main which feeds his house.  Ask him for the details of his supplier from his bill and simply contact them .  They will be able to tell you how, when and what cost.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Fish24 - 3 years ago

I think you (and the mains water supplier) will have to go through the Mairie first so start there and ask what the Commune can do to help as they have a responsibility to supply town water to your property limits but then it is up to you to connect.

Maybe it already exists and you don't know it.

Sorry no image available

Just ask the SAUR to connect you at the same time as your neihbour , I'm sure your neihbour will give you the contact details , will make it much cheaper for both of you as you would share the costs !