DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Getting rid of the smell of cigarette smoke

Posted by bunnyrocks - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Annabelle's Papa - 3 years ago

Thanks for the heads up on the GT50 Professional Grade Plug In Ionic Air Purifier, I have looked at the reviews and it sounds pricey but great !

I will be getting one for sure !

Sorry no image available
Posted by bunnyrocks - 3 years ago

Thanks nhsryan worth noting

Sorry no image available
Posted by nhsryan - 3 years ago

Hi, I am a smoker and the only thing that works brilliantly is this gadget I used. GT50 Professional Grade Plug In Ionic Air Purifier. Plug it in and leave it on for 1/2 hour and done. My French neighbour was so impressed, they bought one as well to get rid of pet smell from their house; Its brilliant. Its very small but very powerful. Amazon sells them. Its not perfumed so its not sickly. Just fresh air smell.

Sorry no image available

Jolly joy Your advise (touch wood) appears to be working but thanks to everyone that offered advise.  Enjoy your evening x

Sorry no image available

Haven't been in there yet but do have some josh sticks via daughter so added & thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by salsachica - 3 years ago

Had the same problem a couple of weeks ago! Was absolutely fuming as most unpleasant for a non smoker! My solution was to open all windows and doors and leave open all day, light a couple of joss sticks and after washing all soft furnishings I air dried them. After also doing all the usual cleaning and ironing using febreeze, by the end of the day the smell had gone thankfully.

Sorry no image available
Posted by phlophf-409902 - 3 years ago

Thank you bunnyrocks - very helpful - had a look and am going to give it a try.

hope you sort your gite out soon.

Sorry no image available

I am trying the lemon treatment at the mo, vinegar tomorrow  as need to buy some, but for cat pee found this - http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/removing-urine-from-carpet/

Really hope it helps, so far no change in the Gite :( but watching a kettle boil etc. etc will let you know what works

Sorry no image available
Posted by phlophf-409902 - 3 years ago

on the subject of nasty niffs - any ideas on how to get rid of the smell of cats pee on a wool carpet?

Sorry no image available

and our farmer is just up the lane :)