DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Gite owners Les Puces Poullaouen

Posted by ancient mariner-393410 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by hazy2 - 3 years ago

Am not knocking the OP or the charity shop. I am knocking the assumption that gite owners would go to a charity shop to furnish their gites.

As was the context of my reply.

Sorry no image available
Posted by candid - 3 years ago

Have had a  gite owner  snatch old lamp shades off me at the dechetterie,so not all of them  do quality for their clients.Why knock someone who is trying to get people to vsit the charity shop Les Puces?

Sorry no image available
Posted by ancient mariner-393410 - 3 years ago

Yes I agree.I spoke to them at length and they are really passionate about animals and want to make a difference. It is a real English style charity shop ,after 20 + years here it is so refreshing to see. and even more lovely that there was an English and French volunteer working there.Bring it on!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 3 years ago

Yes, 'ancient mariner',  it's a great place. I'm going down there on Sunday with a bag of goodies to donate. They do really good work with animals.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MellyMel - 3 years ago

Thankyou Ancient Mariner nice of you to think of others. I shall try and get there to have a look about, never know I might find something(s) for my gite (or my home) in fact I think I'll just buy something.

Cheers

Sorry no image available
Posted by ancient mariner-393410 - 3 years ago

Hi Hazy2

Did I say it was secondhand? I took a mxture of both.You missed the point entirely.

Sorry no image available
Posted by hazy2 - 3 years ago

Why do you suppose that gite owners want secondhand bed linen. I'm certain that gite owners, myself included have quality matching bedlinen which all go towards giving gite guests the best. I would never get bedlinen from a charity shop for my gites. Better off putting them in the Croix Rouge bins for poorer people that have far less than us.