DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

glazing bar removal 1980s Neo Breton House

Posted by Westwood-385193 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

Pleased you got it sorted.  The ones on the outside could well be the same system but because of corrosion of the clips they may be a bit stuck.  Just go gently and evenly at both ends of the bars.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Westwood-385193 - 3 years ago

Hi Anonymous

Yes!  Your advice was correct. The glazing bar framework pushes up and then can be detached. Thanks. There are recessed hooked shaped slots at each side which fit over screw heads in the window frame and I presume that the exterior ones are the same. Just need to check now on how ther DG pane is fitted in. It's useful that the windows themselves can be lifted out...like french doors.

Nat

Sorry no image available
Posted by Westwood-385193 - 3 years ago

Hi

Thanks for the replies. I'll have a closer look at the windows where the glazing bar component seems a little loose and see if it will push up. There does seem to be a clip of sorts in the recess I can see. There does not seem to be any screws involved but I didn't want to try prising them off untill I had asked for some advice.

Thanks

Nat

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

And on mine you simply push the glazing bar (evenly) up and it disengages from the clip fixed to the frame.  A boon when it comes to repainting or even cleaning the windows.

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Some are held in with a spring steel clip and the section pulls out, some casements are screwed together at the corners and you need to disassemble the casement to replace the sealed unit, with this type of casement the sealed unit is packed to square it up, sometimes it is cheaper to change the whole window than it is too replace the units.

Sorry no image available
Posted by pablopicasso - 3 years ago

If you look close , there is very small catches on one side  that move outwards to remove glazing bar outwards to facilitate painting / cleaning