DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Gravel

Posted by sprinkles - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by jimbo99-445600 - 3 years ago

Well looks like i need 2-3 cubic.meters of gravel too. Am in gourin 15kms south of Carhaix. But cannot find a carrierrer for this job. My driveway has a mix of 1/2 grey plus 1/2 was originally small white/lite colored river rock but have not seen anything like that for years now.

Any ideas pls. ?

thx

Sorry no image available
Posted by sprinkles - 4 years ago

Thanks again everyone!

Sorry no image available
Posted by lqe29a - 4 years ago

Try the quarry at Radenac, there is also a place at Guillers both close to Josselin

Sorry no image available
Posted by Iguana Rock - 4 years ago

Definitley your local quarry. Go to 'Pages Jaunes' and search 'CARRIERE' and enter your postcode to find your nearest.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lamb chop - 4 years ago

M bricolage in Pontivy do it and deliver too

Sorry no image available

Thanks everyone much appreciated.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Karen-381938 - 4 years ago

Cheapest place will be a quarry. We have just bought a tonne of coloured gravel at 47€ (no delivery included). Our local quarry is too far for you but I'm sure there must be one near you. Look for "carrieres" on google or in pages jaunes.

Karen

Sorry no image available
Posted by noblesse-404553 - 4 years ago

Sorry, I just remembered that I saw colored gravel at Leroy Merlin and didn't see the Josselin!

Have you asked Point P if you can order coloured gravel? You might also try Point Vert or other large garden centres, if you have one near you. Knowing the French love of colour, I doubt you're  the only person who's looking for gravel that's not grey.

Good  luck!

janet

Sorry no image available

Thanks Janet, but St Brieuc is miles away, will have to go on local websites to look but thought I would ask here first.

Sorry no image available
Posted by noblesse-404553 - 4 years ago

Leroy Merlin in St Brieuc

http://www.leroymerlin.fr/v3/p/produits/terrasse-jardin/terrasse-et-sol-exterieur/sable-gravier-galet-decoratif-l1308217891

They do dumpy bags (1cubic metre) and do deliver.

janet