DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Haier Refrigerators

Posted by HarleyRider58 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Rudge - 3 years ago

When it comes to tools I have always tried to buy the best I could afford, with appliances I buy one to do a job at a modest price, and keep my fingers crossed . 

I have a BEKO washing machine, simple and trouble free for years, a BEKO freezer and a BEKO refigerator, never had a problem with any of them over years of use . I assumed they were Chinese, but NO, they are a European Company, bult in Turkey. The old adage 'you get what you pay for' still has some standing  but I have some Chinese tools that have given excellent service and purchased at a cost far below some of the leading brand prices . Many of the Chinese manufacturers have improved a lot over the last few years, trying to gain a good reputation and bolster exports .

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dibbyspot - 3 years ago

They are a well known brand outside Europe including the US and Australia. Started cheap and simple now building their brand. Reports seem to confirm good quality and satisfaction.

As ever buyer beware - remember people said the same for Samsung just 10yrs ago.

Sorry no image available
Posted by helicopterrob - 3 years ago

Haier were made in china but I belive  they now have a european manufacturing plant as well.. The good adage that you get what you pay for applies I think, The  white goods market is pretty competitive and so  I do not think they have cut corners to get a low price but perhaps the build quality and content  is not quite as good as the others?.  Lots of   reports of broken handles and short life of compressors. Be aware too that other things like skimping on insulation will  mean the appliance is more costly to run and  works harder when it does.  JUst reading one of their workshop manuals they put a lot of effort into explaining that unusual noises from the unit are usual ??? makes you wonder why