DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

having phone installed in holiday home.

Posted by cherylann morris - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by O-Ren Ishii - 3 years ago

Please read my posts. I opened my account (with Orange) by telephone with a credit card payment from the UK. I pay my bills at La Poste when I choose to be in France or otherwise by credit/debit card online.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dozygirl-10045474 - 3 years ago

Please refer to the original post.  The poster has a property which they rent out and want to connect Orange internet and phone.  They don't live in France sometimes, it's a holiday home which they rent out and they can't pay their bill in cash at La poste!

Sorry no image available

I live sometimes in the UK and sometimes in France depending on how the mood takes me. I don't have a French bank account I simply pay my bills in cash at La Poste.

Sorry no image available

Do you live in the UK, and do you have a French bank account?  If you live in France, then surely you have a French bank account and then there is no problem with paying your phone bill.

Sorry no image available

Some people feel the need  to manufacture a problem where none exists. This is all achievable with a simple phone call to Orange. I've done it.

Sorry no image available

Can you pay your phone bill be credit card?  Before you have a phone connected, the first thing the phone company (in this case Orange) will ask you is for your rib.  As you will see from the OP, they want an Orange connection but don't have a French bank a/c.  Therefore, they have to have a French bank account.  Simple.

Sorry no image available

Oh! The poster lives in the UK. Why didn't she say so? So it will be by credit card online or IBAN transfer then.

Sorry no image available

But, the poster lives in the UK.  How easy it is to pay a French bill in a UK post office?  Impossible I would have thought.  Not so simple.

Sorry no image available

All wrong asnwers so far. It's simple. You merely pay with cash at the post office.

Sorry no image available

I didn't think you could pay taxe fonciere and habitation by credit card?  Nowadays utility companies want bank account details.