DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Help needed - How to connect 2nd TV to Humax box & Smart TV

Posted by freddies-10050482 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

You can also buy a transmitter and send the signal to a receiver connected to another set.

Sorry no image available
Posted by freddies-10050482 - 3 years ago

Thanks for the input BartyB & geegee42.  Will try the RF modulator first. I thought I'd found the answer but needed someone in the know to confirm I was on the right track.  Thanks.

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

What you really need is a quad LNB on your dish and then you can coax off to four sat boxes and watch different stuff instead of same stuff but different room ,I have two dishes running five sat boxes in various parts of the house ,the sky boxes quad LNB cable and two hard disc recorders cost less than a humax box.

Posted by bartyb - 3 years ago

You've found the answer.

An RF modulator is exactly what you need,

RCA connections are the ones that are also known as "phono" they look like mini aerial plugs/sockets they'll be colour coded red, white and yellow and all 3 need to be connected 

Most modulators will connect using RCAs and so you'll need to buy the modulator, a 3 core RCA cable and the last piece of the jigsaw which is a Scart-RCA adaptor to go into the scart socket on the back of the Humax box. 

Some modulators have a system so that you can use the remote control to control the Humax box from the remote location....... to describe these as Heath Robinson is to insult the worlds greatest bodger.