Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Help with Well Pump

Posted by HarleyRider58 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Freda Checks - 3 years ago

Well, did we get a result from all the help you were offered?

It is always good to hear the outcome and how you got it fixed!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Yellowperill - 3 years ago

Harley Rider If its just the box you want try Francis Corbel FC Services Electrical and Plumbing supplies at Gourin, his place is just across the road from Gourin Materaux, if he hasnt got what you want he will get for you and I have found him to be very quick and efficient. good luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by Freda Checks - 3 years ago

This all depends on the depth of your well! Do you know whether you have a pump which is submerged deep down in the well which pumps the water up into your house, or do you have a surface pump which sucks the water up. If the surface of the water in the well is more than 7 metres from gound level you will probably have a submerged pump (like this one).

As you say your water table is high so you will probably have one like this. which will have a pressure vessel on top to smooth out the supply of water. If you want to google it try pompe surpresseur.

Neither pump is rocket science and you will find most of your local farmers will have one. They are sold at Leroy Merlin and your local plumber should know all about them and will be able to install a new one for you.

Good luck.


Sorry no image available
Posted by demonhighwayman - 3 years ago

You could try searching on ebay, they do have well pumps so might have the exact part your looking for. Or if you know any of the local farmers in your area it might be worth asking them as they can get equipment like that from there suppliers.

Sorry no image available
Posted by HarleyRider58 - 3 years ago

Hi, thanks for your response.   We had the box apart last night testing the electrical connections, etc.  No condensation; phew!   Our neighbour tested it with his testing equipment and it is buggered.


My problem now is sourcing a new box!   We found on in the US, but won't get delivered until 14th December.   So, we need to source one locally.


Does anyone know of an electrical trades store?   This item won't, most likely, be carried in the DIY stores; but trade only.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Maxed - 3 years ago

Hi, Not a plumber or sparks, but I have a well and have an electrical connection box between the pump and mains supply, which is located just inside the external cover. One of the several problems I've had with this well at this time of the year is condensation inside the junction box. Very annoying but after drying the box out with a paper towel the problem gets solved - until the next time. Symptoms  are the same as yours.

Probably not the same for you, but it might be something to look at. Good luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by HarleyRider58 - 3 years ago


We think this may be related to the electrical relay box; so not sure if this is a "well service" person we need?  Or an electrician?    Our plumber isn't familiar with the well systems....