DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Hors Portee

Posted by valetlu - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by valetlu - 3 years ago

Dear friends,

we have a connection again ! but with a new phone, the original one seemingly defunct !      A frustrating few days when we unsuccessfully contacted Sagem hotline and SFR who did answer the phone but were unable to help and kept disappearing to get someone to help and never returning !      

Thank you again for all your kindnesses and what was so important, your continued support..

Bonne Fetes et Meilleurs Voeux !

Sorry no image available
Posted by brian61 - 3 years ago

Another look on the net and here are 2 more suggestions for you to try. 1 Try unplugging your neuf box from the mains wait 10 seconds and replugging it in, the box will have to search to re-connect to PC, TV, phones etc.   2 The ADSL filter which plugs into the wall phone socket might be at fault, apparantly they may have limited life (I have personally had to change mine once), the filter splits the high frequency computer signals from the low frequency telephone signals (computer might work but telephone not work). You can get the filters in the TV section of the larger hypers.

Hope that this helps.

Sorry no image available
Posted by clarksinfrance - 3 years ago

just another thought too, can you try the complete phone either in another phone socket, or a friends house to see if the problem still exists?

IIRC some main telephone access points (in France) have a little unit in them (I have no idea what it is for, looks like a little capacitor) I took mine out of my main phone socket to allow a different telephone to work.

Some knowledgable person on here might recognise what I am trying to describe and explain what the little widget is for.

Sorry no image available

One other thought, and not trying to teach you to suck eggs, but are the batteries in the right way around? seems the middle battery fits in the opposite direction to the 2 outside batteries?

Also I had a different unit yesterday, where the metal contact for the batteries was missing completly, so the batteries fitted, but obviously couldn't transfer their power to the device.

Sorry no image available

http://support.sagemcom.com/site/livret/LU_D36C_V_H-_FT_France.pdf

Manual for your D36C in French.

Page 70 has a bit about Hors Portee

Sorry no image available

Thankyou ClarksinFrance.   We do not have any rechargeable batteries to hand but tried non rechargeable  new ones just for the moment, with no success unfortunately.     Will go and get rechargeable batteries forthwith and will let you know how we get on.   Not sure what next to do otherwise.

Thank you so much for so kindly responding.    

Sorry no image available

Thankyou Kenrose for taking the time to reply.

Sorry no image available

Thankyou Brian61, yes everything checked and checked again !   All connections, etc., OK.  We have a Neufbox via SFR which we assume to be OK ? because the laptop is working.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.    Much appreciated.

Sorry no image available

Had this with a SAGEM many years ago, turns out the rechargeable battery in the phone was naf. Not enough power to communicate with the base station. Changed the battery and all was fine.

Could this posibly be the situation here?

Sorry no image available
Posted by brian61 - 3 years ago

There doesn't seem to be a simple or common answer to this problem. But the solution that keeps on popping up is the position of the base unit. First check that all leads to the base unit are fully connected. Second move the base unit to a different power socket. Third move the base unit away from the internet box.

If these don't work can you say what (if any) internet box etc you are using.