DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

how to plumb a balon (ballon? water tank thingy)

Posted by blancmange-428893 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sophie hunton - 3 years ago

They are meant to drip as when water heats up it expands which causes the pressure relief valve to open slightly, they are not meant to run all the time and as we all know this is caused by either faulty or dirty valve or the mains pressure is too high ,its not rocket science.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Garlic crackers - 3 years ago

They are not ment to drip, only releave if there is too much pressure. You need a pressure reducer.

Sorry no image available
Posted by blancmange-428893 - 3 years ago

going to buy a new groupe on wednesday and a friend is fitting an indoor stopcock to the feed.  hope this is going to improve matters

Sorry no image available
Posted by wizzywhiskas - 3 years ago

As previously posted, if you leave the chauffe-eau turned on re electricity but turn the water off, it will continue to heat up when required (thermostat) and as the water level diminishes because the groupe securité is dribbling then you run the risk of the heating element not having enough water around it and starting to 'burn out'.

Either fit a pressure reducer or change the groupe.

Sorry no image available
Posted by rhys1 - 3 years ago

How does  turning the water off at the  mains tap  save money  ? 

Don't you just pay for what is used  ( when you turn it back on again ) ? 

I wd have thought this would be a dangerous practice ~there is a risk you could forget, or scenarios  whereby someone else is in the  house and doesn't know  etc.. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Garlic crackers - 3 years ago

I had exactly the same problem when moving into our house nine years ago. Changed group security valve and was still the same. Problem cured after fitting a pressure reducer inline near incoming supply under kitchen sink. No problem in nine years since. Reducing pressure also reduces risk of washing wachine hose bursting.

Sorry no image available

I know Buster but I work 7 days a week and have to find time to go and buy the part.  I will do it though

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 3 years ago

If you leave the water running down the drain it will cost more in water bills than repalcing the part!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by sophie hunton - 3 years ago

It could be the water pressure coming in to the house,you could contact your water company and check with them to see if there has been any change in pressure.

Sorry no image available

yes I have done that but the problem is only resolved temporarily.  Today it is not overflowing which makes me think that the pressure is a bit less but it is still flowing at the rate of a running tap.