DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Humax Box

Posted by dunrox48 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dunrox48 - 3 years ago

Thank you everyone for your kind replies, we will keep working  on it,

Sorry no image available
Posted by dottypotty - 3 years ago

brought my sky+ hd box over with me and a company called buy and sell came out today and set up something called a VPN  Router and now i can watch my on demand services and mty box sets.

i think you need the same type of router as me i think it hides your ip address or something.

they made is so easy for me and i would have no hesitation in recommneding them,

they took the time to explain everyjthing to me eventhough i am a old duffer.

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

Forgot to add if you want to achieve the full potential of connecting the Humax Box to the Internet you will need a VPN to the UK so that you can watch catch up TV.  I use a TP-LINK TL-ER604W and Pure VPN.  Works like magic.

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

The password may not be "admin" it could be the first 6 or 8 digits of the security code.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dunrox48 - 3 years ago

Thank you for your kind reply 

Sorry no image available
Posted by clarksinfrance - 3 years ago

I had this issue (several years ago) and discovered that the wi-fi code on the livebox was too long for the Humax. I changed the wifi code required by opening an internet browser, and typing 192.168.1.1 (iirc) logged into the livebox, with username admin, password admin and changed the password to a shorter one. You will also need to re-attach your laptops/phone/tablets etc to the livebox with the new password.

Sorry no image available
Posted by garethe - 3 years ago

Why would you want to connect the HUmax to the WII - I dont understand what you'd expect to achieve? Can't you just add the Wii to the Livebox (on the Wii there is a network settings piece - browse to your livebox and add..)