DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Humax Freesat

Posted by susiep-405242 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Blythe_Mentorn - 3 years ago

I agree with Lofty. The Humax boxes are having BIG problems since they upgraded the software - see this thread:

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/software-update-june-15th-2015

My Humax box keeps resetting and I have given up using it.

To the OP, there are other makes avaiable if you must have the Freesat EPG, or just use your Sky box without a card, I beleive you will still be able to get the free to air channels, but perhaps someone can confirm that?

Blythe.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lofty-385373 - 4 years ago

I have had a Humax box for the past 2 years and have to say it is not very relable when it comes to recording programmes you have set to record, especially series. I often find that for some reason there are missing recordings. I contacted Humax who told me to do a factory reset but, the problem persists. I also have a Sky + box and that never fails.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dave Evans-439024 - 4 years ago

Due to ease of access (dish at side of external granary steps) I set my own dish up. I have a better signal strength here than the Sky engineer got me in England. 3 lines; two about 90% strength and other at 100%! All 3 now on Sky boxes but I used a Humax box for years with no problems. Read about skewing the LNB on here from bartyb and that improved everything.

Dave

Sorry no image available
Posted by bijou1 - 4 years ago

You are a real star.  Thank you. x

Posted by bartyb - 4 years ago

A Humax box will work fine so long as the dish is correctly installed, a Skyzone 1 dish or a 50cm generix dish is fine. 

The setting that I most often need to correct is the "skew" , this is the angle at which the LNB is twisted in it's collar and is effectively the quality adjustment. for a conventional LNB the cable connection (in Brittany) should be pointing to around 7o'clock looking from the front towards the dish.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bijou1 - 4 years ago

Thank you Bartyb.

Will the humax work if your quality and signal strength isn't very good?  How can you improve these?  Thank you in advance

Sorry no image available
Posted by susiep-405242 - 4 years ago

What a superstar! Thanks bartyb. I have PM`ed you and still may come and darken your doostep in Rostrenen if we are passing

susiep

With only a single cable you'll get all the channels and be able to record OR watch (or both) one channel, what is limited is the combinations where you can record one channel while watching another.

Sorry no image available
Posted by susiep-405242 - 4 years ago

Thanks Bartyb, i`m not at the house at the moment, so not sure about the dual outlet or the double cable? We are spending the summer at our holiday home for the first time and just wanted to be able to record stuff from the TV and have a few extra channels. Not sure wether to buy a box now just in case we don`t have the connections?

and no, a Humax box does not need an internet connection to work, altho' obviously the catch up functions won't work but i any event they need to show you as being in the UK and that's a whole different subject.