DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

humax freesat problem

Posted by dangermouse-440611 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Joe-Huelgoat-383105 - 3 years ago

From experiance if the signal is low on CBS reality you will have mixed problems with other channels. As Barty says do a reset.  Have you tried the other box on the same coax ? CHECK SIGNAL STRENGTH.

Try the problem box in the position that the one that is working is in.

Posted by bartyb - 3 years ago

If you're certain about your signal then do a factory reset (you have the option not to delete your recorded programs) and re-install. Do a quick check to make sure that you're still getting Film4 and BBC4(or CBeebies depending on the time of day) first as that would indicate a wider tho' related problem....... or just watch HD

Sorry no image available
Posted by dangermouse-440611 - 3 years ago

just one more thing we have another humax box the same also fitted to the same dish and that works fine on 103 so it is something to do with my box

Sorry no image available
Posted by dangermouse-440611 - 3 years ago

hi thanks for your replies i always pull the plug out when i go to bed,its itv south west,it started with the program working ok but the channel info was blank on the bottom of the screen so you could not see what program you were watching or what was on next then tonight the channel is scrambled came up

In any event disconnecting the power counting to 10 and reconnecting may well sort it out....... always a good place to start.

I'd be reluctant to suggest factroy resetting a Humax box as if it's having problems with one channel it may well fail the self test when re-installing

What region ITV?

It's more than likely vile weather making the signal marginally weaker and/or reducing the quality. (and yes it can affect just one channel or small group of channels)