DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

I Player app

Posted by lakeman-415065 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Joe-Huelgoat-383105 - 3 years ago

I use SoftEther  takes a little more effort to work out but has many more benefits.

Much faster - chose almost any country which is handy when I am in UK and want to FTP my websites. (French isp providers seem to block your access  to FTP if out of the country) Perfect for iplayer when in France.  Hope this helps.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jaykay-10041854 - 3 years ago

I must be doing something wrong Barty will try and come and see you in Rostrenen on Tuesday to see if you can point me in the right direction.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lakeman-415065 - 3 years ago

I am not quite sure how I did it but it would appear that I have downloaded the I Player app.

I have three grades of protection on Hotspot shield and I moved my protection to "FULL" and then the download worked.  Also previously when I have tried to watch BBC live on the tablet I have received the"system busy, try again later" prompt but now that is working normally.  I move around in a technological fog most of the time but occasionally a shaft of sunlight breaks throug.

I hope this helps jaykay, and thank you Barty.

Posted by bartyb - 3 years ago

https://support.hotspotshield.com/hc/en-us/articles/204634624

And JayKay, I've not had a problem with android tablets/phones and not done anything special to install other than use a VPN or real UK connection

Sorry no image available

My I shows as being in France even with the  protection on. Can I change this? 

Sorry no image available
Posted by jaykay-10041854 - 3 years ago

Barty may correct me if I am wrong but I have a tablet and a phone both bought in France and I have found it impossible to download apps that 'are not available in your country' I have a subscription to surfeasy and whilst this works on the PC it will not work when downloading Apps on the phone or tablet. I have tried everything I can think of but it just defaults to the country where you bout them.  Do you know of a way to do it Barty? Surfeasy shows I am using a uk ip address.

OK, so have you changed to a UK server? and did you check where your IP address is showing as being located?

Sorry no image available

I have the subscription version so I am a bit puzzled at the response.  Thank you for your post.

I've a hunch that the free version of Hotspot Shield uses US based servers, so no good for BBCiPlayer. You can chack by going to https://www.whatismyip.com/ and then clicking on the My IP Information button. 

Computer time has a cost and has to be paid for either by advertising or subscription. I'd always go for a subscription VPN service for a sake of a few euros a month. My favourite is HideMyAss but as you've already got the Hotspot Shield app you might want to simply upgrade that.