DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

I want some red hot pokers

Posted by kerjoly@corlay - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kerjoly@corlay - 3 years ago

Thankyou all, now found some

Thanks

Sorry no image available

I would love some of your flowers, please let me pay you for them or at least some wine.

I live on the main rd through Corlay opposite the lake, please call me for our address

0296 294824

Sorry no image available
Posted by tebee-385985 - 3 years ago

If you don't find any I have some I can split. Not too near but will be comming through Corlay week. 

Tom

Sorry no image available

Fantastic web site, thankyou very much

Jane

Sorry no image available
Posted by kathyd2 - 3 years ago

I grew some from seed this year, although only 2 of them survived after I neglected them .. duh.  They're still tiny in pots in the polytunnel at the  moment, will have to see if they get through the winter to plant out  next spring.  If you want to try and grow some from seed send me a message and I'll give you a link to a website where you can buy them for €1,50 a packet ;).

Sorry no image available
Posted by luap1 - 3 years ago

Jardinspourvous  are online stockists of the bulbs  but don't have them in stock at present.

i.e. where it shows "Epuise"  in red, it means out of stock.

The website link is :  

http://www.jardinpourvous.com/index.php?/Plantes-vivaces/Kniphofia

this takes you directly to the Red Hot Pokers / you'll need to cut & paste the link.

If you set up an online account  email and password, under each plant you can request notification when they re-stock.

I've bought a lot of plants from them and can recommend them, reasonably priced too.

N.B.  The information that comes with the Kniphofia bulbs suggests they can be planted at any time, however if swapping plants with other gardeners as you have suggested... I don't think these plants like to be disturbed once established.