DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Increase in impots when building a garage

Posted by s25mjohnson-386894 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by pigeon-fancier - 4 years ago

We had a permis contruire for  a renovation we did, not only did it increase the tax fonciere and tas d'habitation, we too also received a tax demand of around 4200 euro for the permit!  Shocked was an understatement!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bosko-444416 - 4 years ago

YES! We built a 5x3m conservatory, finished it in January 2014. Two months ago we received a tax bill for €425 for the priviledge! We have a French friend who lives in Dept 49 and she was charged similar for 2 parking spaces at her apartment. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by jandave - 4 years ago

Hi, Have been renovating my house for a few years now, had to demolish half of the so called garage attached to our house (it was in a dangerous condition). Received a form from impots to fill in, at a complete loss so took to impots to ask help and they asked how much square footage we lost, I gave a guess and they added that to our records. Did not notice any significant drop in payments of taxes. After that had to put in some new roof widows, replacement and 1 extra, sent another form this asked for measurements of the house and land, this I filled in acurately and for my trouble have had both taxes increased by more than double.   So if you ask for permission you will receive a form to fill in that could leave you paying higher or lower taxes.   Probably not what you want to here but as usual if you stick to the rules!

Sorry no image available
Posted by woody-383477 - 4 years ago

We put a 3m x 3m summer house in the garden and our tax d'habitation went up by 52 euros a year.  

Sorry no image available
Posted by lover - 4 years ago

I had a 2 car garage built which was attached to my house and I pay an annual 186 euros on my tax for it (either foncier or habitation I can't remember which)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Foxie-986308 - 4 years ago

I imagine so.

I rent a lock up garage, there's a row of them opposite my house. Just small lockups, no electricity no plumbing nothing. I'm charged taxe d'habitation on it.

But it's less than 20€ a year.