DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Instructions for Roku setup with Livebox?

Posted by LilyPie - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by LilyPie - 3 years ago

That does help a lot georgeV, thank you - it was hard to know which device to choose when there are so many available. Thanks for the instructions too. :)

Thank you bartyb for all your advice.

Sorry no image available
Posted by georgeV-988991 - 3 years ago

I use the TP-Link TL-ER604W with Pure VPN and here are the installation instructions http://www.tp-link.us/resources/document/VPN_Config_Guide.pdf

You should expect to pay around £55 for the router.

Hope that helps giving you a specific model rather than a description.

Posted by bartyb - 3 years ago

you need a router NOT a modem router but as for the rest it depends on what connection protocol your VPN provider supports. I suggest that you consult their FAQs pages

Sorry no image available

Hello again bartyb, sorry if I'm asking you too many questions, this will be the last one! There are so many routers out there, what should I be looking for?  Wireless... Dual Band... cable router...modem router... there are 128 different TP link routers on Amazon, I don't know where to start!

Sorry no image available
Posted by wizzywhiskas - 3 years ago

Many, many people on this site have found excellent service from BartyB - it's often better to use a professional from the 'word go' instead of having to ask so many questions via sites such as AI.

Last weekend I was at a rdv with potential clients - who have accepted a devis within 2 days for a large renovation at their property, I had already done work at another of their properties.

Within 30mins, Bart turned up to fit a satellite internet/tv system - by chance, my clients had asked him to fit this system but chose the best guy there is re this subject.

After another 15mins a log-supplier arrived - unknown to me that the owners had requested a delivery - this guy (French) is a personal friend, the best wood supplier in our area (29) who delivered some wonderful firewood and was then in a position to offer a devis for 'groundwork' around the house.

3 professionals at the same house at the same time, all registered, all giving the best advice to our clients.

Why risk the alternatives??!!!

Sorry no image available

Thanks, really appreciate your advice!

obviously no guarantee but that looks fine

Sorry no image available

Bartyb, one more question for you if I may! Looking at the routers I can get in my local tech shop, I see this one from TP link - would this be OK for what I need?

TP-Link TL-WR1043ND Wireless N Gigabit Router

Sorry no image available

Sounds simple! Many thanks bartyb.

you use a network cable from one of the LAN sockets on the Live box to the WAN socket on the router