DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Internet Connection as Résidence Secondaire - current info ?

Posted by rhys1 - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by nhsryan - 4 years ago

Forgot to add.. The Tv is french with a few English channels. We dont use it. We put in our own Freesat.

Sorry no image available

Hi sorry for delay in reply. I suggest you check orange website. Mine was an old  package Livebox 2. They have better packages now with live Zen or live Play. You can ask for the suspendable package once installed. Call the hotline and they will guide you on which package is suited to you area. Some areas have fibrr optic and some still uses the old adsl.

also, check out the Orange Domino 3G.

Sorry no image available
Posted by rhys1 - 4 years ago

Thanks  -  that sounds  quite reasonable actually, esp if it can be combined with switching off / no payments during months of absence. 

Does this particular  ( 40€  tariff )  have a name to refer to when I speak to the Advisors ? 

Also, just thinking slightly outside my origonal question : when you had the TV supplied down the 'phone line .............. was that just French TV  or could you also use it to access Freeview  UK channels  ? 

Thanks again.

Sorry no image available

Hi 

We were on the Net Plus before. It came with TV as well. Usually paid 40 euros per month for unlimited internet + the usual 100 countries free landline calls and 1 hour mobile in France.

Sorry no image available
Posted by rhys1 - 4 years ago

Thanks to those who have given helpful advice.

May I ask nhsryan what you get for the 56 € ?   It sounds a bit steep for just internet and landline -  maybe you get your  TV  via that  contract as well ? 

Was there a charge for starting a new account or do you just pay the first month and then carry on ? 

Thanks again

Sorry no image available

Call the Orange English hotline. they are very helpful. I have spoken to them last year and they switched our plan to the suspendable ones. Our bill is now 56 euros a month for every month that we are here. In total last year we saved 200euros on Orange bill. I called the number a week before I arrive and they will reconnect.

Sorry no image available
Posted by brimlad - 4 years ago

hello, we use an orange domino... it plugs in the laptop and we get a service virtually everywhere...it costs about fifty euros to buy and then a fee for the usage when we visit..

regards bob.

Sorry no image available
Posted by last orders - 4 years ago

I f you wishOrange will suspend your service for free and I think it is about 5/6 euros for reconnection. The internet reconnection takes about a week so best to give them advanced notice.

The english speaking helpline which we have found to be quite good is

09 69 36 39 00

Sorry no image available
Posted by chemin vert - 4 years ago

Seems like perfect advice to me.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Bob Bowen-382240 - 4 years ago

A bit obvious and not particularly helpful!