DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

kindle paperwhite

Posted by night&day - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

I still have a basic Kindle. It froze once so I did the following. Press the 'on/off' button as well as the button that 'opens' the Kindle for reading together several times (I'd tried the switch off bit first). It's as if you're forcing a re-boot. It did work.

Sorry no image available
Posted by all4one-10057182 - 3 years ago

If you have easy access to the battery try removing it and then putting it back, I tried this when my mobile phone froze and would n't shut down, worked fine after that  - might save you the cost of a new battery !

Sorry no image available
Posted by night&day - 3 years ago

Thanks for all the help, we think the problem is the battery,. they are readily available on E-Bay

so we shall order one

regards

Sorry no image available

many thanks,

her grace the ruling junta in this house & the keeper of the sacred paperwhite is unavailable at the moment, when she returns I will point out your information thanks again,

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kernowboy-10061199 - 3 years ago

My old Kindle did the same, googled the problem and found instructions on re-booting it, you can also call Amazon technical line, they will talk you through what to do.

Sorry no image available

H Moi

Yes since it froze we have had it on charge, so must assume it is charged but the programme has stopped.

regards

Sorry no image available
Posted by moi-383589 - 3 years ago

Is it fully charged?