DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Kitchen prices

Posted by foureyes-10044529 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by foureyes-10044529 - 3 years ago

Hi guys, well we made the decision to go with Ikea.  Drove over to Brest, armed with our hand drawn plan and measurements.  The two kitchen team members we dealt with both had excellent English, so we weren't caught out by obscure kitchen/Ikea vocab or really hard questions.  The kitchen is now planned and ordered, and will be delivered this Friday!  Amazed I am!  Including picking and delivery, it's costing us 3500 euros, which I think is fantastic.  That also includes oven, hob, huge fridge and extractor.  Everything except the dishwasher.  Well pleased - so far.  Thanks all for your suggestions.

Sorry no image available
Posted by AQ-417490 - 3 years ago

I can recommend Leroy Merlin kitchens - good range at good prices, easy to assemble. I just used an expert to cut and fit the worktop joins which need a jig to get a professional join.  Did the rest myself with usual diy skills, but there are plenty of people out there who would assemble and fit, if preferred. I, too, have heard from others about problems with Ikea kitchens, no service space and someone reported the laminate on doors peeling away. I prefer freestanding appliances - better choice, trustworthy brands etc and easy to replace when eventually necessary.

Sorry no image available
Posted by filip44 - 3 years ago

Contact Danny & Suzanne (Rigid Kitchens France) they advertise on here, good quality kitchens, excellent service from start to finish, 

www.rigidkitchensfrance.com 

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

The space at the back is the same as the top shelf in full height wall cupboards,its a handy place to put things that seemed a good idea at the time but never use,wall cupboards are out of fashion and base units with drawers are becoming more popular,I have always found people either buy a kitchen to look at or one to cook in.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lapin-436112 - 3 years ago

I mean the cabinets have no gap at the back, the back is straight against the wall! the ones from brico depot have a large gap behind the back board, so that leaves a gap between the wall and the cabinet, very handy so you do not have to install it behind the wall :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kervéor - 3 years ago

Any kitchen that is DIY construct needs tools to do the  job .With IKEA and the right tools you can measure and install all your plumbing and electrics no problem .

Sorry no image available
Posted by Lapin-436112 - 3 years ago

please take note that the Ikea kitchens do not have any space behind them! so for any plumbing etc its not very handy! not sure why they do that....that is why we prefer brico depot hands down!

Sorry no image available
Posted by geegee42 - 3 years ago

Brico depot/ castorama/Leroy merlin/hygena/IKEA /brico cash/bricoman/laprye/,loads of kitchens about ,most carcases are the same chipboard construction and all the cost is in the doors,IKEA tend to make their stuff a slightly different size to other companies mainly so only their stuff will fit,if you can put together a flat pack wardrobe you can put your kitchen together, the hardest part for a novice is the worktops and possibly the plumbing but you could get someone in to do this bit,I used to fit kitchens and have fitted quite a few over the years but one thing I always try to get through to people is kitchens are usually designed by men and fancy bits and bits and pieces are to increase the retailers profit and don't improve the use of your kitchen in any way.

Sorry no image available
Posted by JohnP-390097 - 3 years ago

10 years ago, I fitted a Brico depot kitchen in my house. We looked at many different kitchens and Brico won hands down on quality and price. They were reasonably easy to assemble and all the parts were there. It was a bit tricky to fit but that was down to the lack of square angles in my house rather than the units. It still looks good and no problems, solid and practical, i would reccommend you have a look at their range.

Sorry no image available
Posted by gsx1400-900760 - 3 years ago

forgot . kitchen cost us just a bit less than 5300 euro with new fridge ,dishwasher, oven and microwave , only the dishwasher came from ikea . which in hindsight was a mistake .