DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

kitchen tiles

Posted by suky-98776 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by suky-98776 - 3 years ago

Thanks Scarlett nice to know there's something different out there and individual.  We're quite pleased with what we found but as they were the last we can't do exactly what we wanted but it will suffice.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Scarlett-397347 - 3 years ago

I know you are now sorted with your tiles, but if anyone else is reading this thread & wanting tiles, I want to mention that we requested samples from Besso Ceramique for our kitchen, they are fabulous. Handmade & painted, so everyone is different, we could not find anything around that matched up to these & although they did seem a little pricey compared with others, we have decided that we have to have these as nothing now looks as good. 

Sorry no image available

Thanks ever so much everyone for your help and am happy to report problem solved.  Had to go to Castorama today for something else so while MOH was occupied wandered along the tile aisle, found and bought enough to do the job.  Well almost! Can't do all that was planned not because they didn't have sufficient stock but didn't have enough edging tiles.  No more to be ordered.  Am pleased with what I did find though.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Karen-381938 - 3 years ago

Chilli

Thanks for the link - what a brilliant website!

Unfortunately the tiles are a bit expensive for our pocket given the amount we need to buy, but there are some really helpful ideas to help plan colour mixes and designs which we have been looking for online for ages. There is even a facility to take images of the tiles into a graphics programme so you can plan a design

Karen

Sorry no image available
Posted by chillipepper-883242 - 3 years ago

Try http://www.bessoceramique.co.uk/prices & info.htm

They handmake their tiles here in Brittany.

Chilli

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kerroux - 3 years ago

Try big matt at Guincamp.They have a great choice of tiles.Don't know price but look very good.

Jon.

Sorry no image available

Thanks that would be fine as it's such a small job but I want it to look right.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Nightsky-402638 - 3 years ago

Ouest Bricolage at le Faou.  They do loads of end of line stuff - good quality Italian tiles at a good price.  The only problem can be that if you need lots they can't reorder for you, they only have what is there in stock.

Sorry no image available

Thank you so much for your helpful comments.  We're in 56 so probably Pontivy sounds the nearest.  The shop you bought from Karen sounds really interesting and we'll certainly keep it in mind should we need to do more tiling on a bigger scale.  We only want 1 box probably but the choice is abysmal and as it's for the kitchen I would like something a little more inspiring than what's on offer so far.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Karen-381938 - 3 years ago

Hi

I don't know where you are, but we have been looking for new kitchen tiles this afternoon at the tile shop on the RN12 just outside Guingamp near the Renault garage. (St Brieuc side of Guingamp).

Like you, we were uninspired by what we found in Leroy Merlin, and the other Bricos, but there is a good choice in this shop and the ladies in there are very helpful. They even let us into the warehouse behind the shop to find the mix of colours we want!

We were surprised at the prices - found lovely Provencale-style tiles for under 50 euros per sq m. If we buy from stock they will knock something off the price as well.

We are going back at the end of the week once we have decided on the colours we want but if they are too far for you try looking in yellow pages for "carrelage". You might be pleasantly surprised at the prices and the local stores certainly have a great choice.

Hope you find something suitable

Karen