DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Lap Top problems ?

Posted by Mervyn Weston - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by bijou1 - 3 years ago

I too recommend Dale franklynn.  He was wonderful in sorting out my laptop.  He does it online, so quick, and he lets you watch what he does on your computer.  I never recommend anyone, but he was fantastic.

good luck,

Sorry no image available
Posted by chemin vert - 3 years ago

If it's slow starting up it's possibly got a lot of programs or utilities scheduled to boot up on startup. It would be worth getting someone to check this out for you. If it is generally slow it's worth clearing out as much as possible from your hard drive and then de fragmenting it. My laptop sometimes runs slowly and that is because it is downloading upgrades automatically leaving less memory and processor power for the programs I'm using.

Sorry no image available
Posted by La Magdelaine - 3 years ago

Download & run < malwarebytes > shud sort the prob...

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

Have you a) used the disk cleaner recently or b)used the disk defragmenter;

Both of these will speed your computer up by gettig rid of rubbish and restoring files to their correct place.

Do not do a system restore unless you have saved stuff on an external hard drive as you could lose saved work or documents

Sorry no image available
Posted by Kerroux - 3 years ago

Hi M, have you tried to do a system restore to the date before you noticed it was slowing up.My laptop did the same after an update so i did a SR and alls good now.If this works you can then look at the updates to see which one caused the prob.

Good luck,

Jon

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mervyn Weston - 3 years ago

Thank you Chrispy,

I don't have a problem with Chrome as I don't have it. It is something that has or is slowing down my computer and it is driving me mad not knowing why !!  Thank's for your reply. Mervyn.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mervyn Weston - 3 years ago

Hi Agente,

I don't need an engineer, I just need advice ! If i need an engineer I have a very good one in Corlay. At the moment I'm on vacation in England which gives me time to relaxe !! time to try and get my laptop up to speed. I must say without success. It seems the computer tells you to do things which in fact it can't do !! It will be alright on the night when I get back to Brittany and if need a bofin, I have one very close to me. Thank you for your reply.

Regards,  Mervyn.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Chrispy-108529 - 3 years ago

if you have chrome click on the three bars to get the menu. select settings/advanced settings /reset factory settings. this will clean chrome up and remove so called bloatware

Sorry no image available
Posted by agente securite - 3 years ago

hes in cbj

Sorry no image available
Posted by agente securite - 3 years ago

Dale franklynn cisco trained engineer good quimper lorient area