DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Laptop stuck !

Posted by Tinks-423368 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tinks-423368 - 3 years ago

I did click uninstall in programmes , cheeky blighters if it was downloading !

Sorry no image available

Ah yes , maybe it was installing W10 , it is a small laptop I use just for tv so nothing on it except  some audio books  . I will switch it on now and see what is going on . Thank-you for this info ....

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

Sorry to hear you have had this problem.  There may be something else going on that caused the hangup.  I know several people who removed the KB********** updates and had no more problems.  If your laptop had already started downloading the W10 you might well be stuck with it.  Wait and cross fingers.  Meanwhile I recommend you do a full backup on to an external drive or memory stick to safeguard all your files, etc.  There have been mega problems when people have allowed W10 to take over and then when they try to go back to an earlier OS they lose their files.  Should you decide at some point to go for W10 willingly then at least you have everything safe until you are happy with the new setup.

Sorry no image available

@ Anonymous , I followed the same instructions yesterday on the site you posted the link for to get rid of the message asking if I want W10 and it was after that my laptop stuck .... I hope no-one else has the same problem .... Followed JB2014's instructions this morning and all is fine now although I also read online that it may install itself again !

Sorry no image available
Posted by GoneandDunit - 3 years ago

Thanks Anonymous.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

Hopefully you have managed to stop W10 from installing itself against your will.  Take control of your PC.  You paid for it so it is yours.  For anyone wishing to kill the Microsoft update to W10 popup, here are instructions how to stop it.

Sorry no image available

Brilliant ! Thank-you JB2014 , if you're ever in Lorient pop in for a cuppa ....

Sorry no image available
Posted by JB2014 - 3 years ago

Have you tried tapping F8 during boot up to see if you can restore your way backwards?