DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Logs

Posted by sue4russ@hotmail.com - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Exmansworthy-10052202 - 3 years ago

fruitrouge...how can soaking wet logs be "ready to burn"? hence the reason to buy  & stock in summer. Dry will burn brightly & give off heat, wet will smolder & give zero heat.

Sorry no image available
Posted by fruitrouge2 - 3 years ago

@sue4russ....glad you're getting your logs sorted, le bon coin can always come up with something. I must admit i get cross with scaremongerers saying ''it's too late to get wood, you can't get logs now'' , it is absolute and utter rubbish, you can always get logs that are ready to burn. You may have to look a bit further afield or pay a bit extra but they are available.

Sorry no image available
Posted by normandytreesurgery - 3 years ago

Try here:http://www.energieforestiere.fr/

Frederick speaks some English and they deliver to your area.

Cheers

Jason

Sorry no image available
Posted by sue4russ@hotmail.com - 3 years ago

Many thanks to everybody for their advice especially Karen and Fruitrouge, we looked on le bon coin and are waiting to hear back from some suppliers.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sue4russ@hotmail.com - 3 years ago

Hi Shorrcks,

We were tempted by your ad but we think you may be a bit too far away for us to make it worthwhile,

many thanks though for the posting

Sorry no image available
Posted by hazy2 - 3 years ago

Once you have solved your immediate problem of finding logs, ask your local Secretaire of the Maire at your Mairie for local suppliers, ask in your local bar and ask neighbours and local farmers, then you are strongly advised to build up your log supply. As a general rule, ideally you need 3 corde of wood, one for immediate burning, one to follow on and one for seasoning and storing.

Then during the ensuing years you can buy cheaper green logs and stack them and store them to season and you will never be in need or in short supply ever again.

Sorry no image available
Posted by rosieholt - 3 years ago

Rebonjour de l'Angleterre                       Hello again FROM  England !

@ Buster     

My sentiments entirely...........

Sorry no image available
Posted by buster-784461 - 3 years ago

There will always be logs for sale - the question is are they dry enough!!!

Sorry no image available

@exmansworthy....the sightest whiff of a permafrost and I'm heading for the equator...sod the logs lol lol....

Sorry no image available

Yes forward planning and hindsight are wonderful things but the OP has stated that they have just bought a property and can someone recommend where to buy some wood and it seems the only help they are getting is being told it's too late and you can't get any. Well that is utter tripe and only causes people to worry. I have just looked on le bon coin and in the dept the OP lives in there are around 90 ads for logs and wood, so if everyone has sold out and you can't get any logs why are these people putting ads on le bon coin?....Are they liars??????