DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

mice under living room floorboards

Posted by sunshinedays - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sunshinedays - 3 years ago

I can see where this is going.... and it involves 'clogs'!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Dueller-813343 - 3 years ago

I saw a mouse!

Sorry no image available

Thank you Frenchdog, I think I'll have to leave out the chocolate though as it's poisonous to dogs but wish you a happy Christmas too

Sorry no image available
Posted by kate.fitch@orange.fr - 3 years ago

Hello sunshine days, we seem to have gone full circle with this and it looks like you had the answer all along with your kindly bait,  So I should think if you take countrydwellers advice and give them a feed up of chocolate (I think they would probably like hazelnut filled Thorntons milk chocolate best) and round it off with your bait and a sip of port life should be quiet again for you in time for Christmas!

Thank you so much for your informative postings, I'm sure that they have been well received by lots of folk.

I hope you and your family have a nice Christmas and your cat will not mind too much being put out of a job.

Regards, Kate.

Sorry no image available

Countrydweller and Frenchdog, to add to what I put earlier, with Eradibait the mice dehydrate and therefore the risk of smell is removed (see below)

What to expect:

rodent activity declines as death occurs within 4 to 7 days of regular feed intake - sightings reduce as rodents generally die in their burrow. faecal droppings become bleached in colour & larger in size*. an absence of smell from decomposition due to dehydration – similar to mummification.

*Change in colour and size of the faecal pellets are an indicator of product acceptance and consumption and can be up to 3 times larger than pellets from non-treated rodents.

Sorry no image available

Brendas, with Eradibait that doesn't happen.

EradiBaits® unique formulation ensures:

no risk to children or pets no risk to livestock or birds no risk of either primary or secondary poisoning - bird of prey friendly no known resistance no special requirement for transport, handling, storage or disposal no risk of contamination to crops or food no environmental pollution - fully biodegradable

Sorry no image available
Posted by brendas - 3 years ago

If you use the poison, or whatever it is called, you should consider the ripple effect of the mouse predatory animals. In the food chain, the mouse moves lethargically across the grass and a hawk thinks it's just a slow moving animal and captures and eats it. Then the hawk dies; the dead bird is then picked up by a free-range dog and eats it... and dies.  Or a vulture eats the dead hawk (does France have vultures?) and dies. You should consider the consequences.

Sorry no image available

We've never heard them before and have been here a number of years. Our neighbours moved in just over a year ago and have chickens housed directly next door to the back of our house and grow veggies at the front very close to us. The house attached to  us is empty and he stores stuff in there; they actually live in a bungalow further down their plot so we are experiencing the consequences of them owning chickens and growing foodstuff. We have seen mice running across the top of our steps at the back of our house and squirrels keep crossing into next door to get chicken food. We also have an increase in collared doves and wood pigeons. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

And the reason they are coming in is because it is warm and dry inside and a nice cosy place to build a nest and raise more babies whereas outside it is cold and wet so the nests are probably under the floorboards

Sorry no image available

Frenchdog, I'll cross that bridge when and if I come to it