DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

mines

Posted by louisep-438231 - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by koat - 3 years ago

that you need to fill in a form to prevent testing on your land (if within a zone) implies that, without this, your permission isn't needed for access

Sorry no image available
Posted by malcolm1-10066606 - 3 years ago

Its definetly open cast as they have just permitted the quarry in Glomlel to open further up now !!

Sorry no image available

it would be a big quarry if open as the annual report mentions a depth of around 300m in the merleac 'project'; not sure of the length or number of quarries. afterwards they either leave the quarry or convert to landfill

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mark&Kath - 3 years ago

I think it's open cast.

Sorry no image available

Thanks! Do you know if there's a meeting for the Callac mine area?

Sorry no image available
Posted by bossbird - 3 years ago

There is a meeting on Thursday 4th Feb at 8pm at Silfiac salle polyvalente arranged by a attentionmines so we might find out more then.

Sorry no image available

eta: I assume the type of mining proposed must be underground as opposed to open-pit..

Sorry no image available

apart from gardens (individually owned parcels of land which I presume the paperwork s for) i'd imagine most of the countryside is owned by farmers or communes; farmers could potentially sell to the mining company but i wonder do people living in affected or nearby communes have any voice over what happens to commune land. also I can't find details of the types of mine proposed; only financial data of the company and some detailed areas of the merleac site which seems to cover St Gelven, Laniscat, Plussulien,Moncontour etc (http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20151020/pdf/4326x59h9y3bb5.pdf) 

Sorry no image available
Posted by louisep-438231 - 3 years ago

Hello,

If you can take the time to read the the said links I have given, all the info is there, but they can mine for all sorts of metals precious or not....

It is a MASSIVE area covered by several separate zones. The Silfiac one itself covers an area from Plougernevel in the north to around Bubry in the south.  That's just one zone!

Objet des consultations du public
La société Variscan Mines a sollicité deux permis exclusifs de recherches de mines :
- un permis exclusif de recherches de mines de tungstène, molybdène, cuivre, zinc, plomb, étain, or, argent et substances connexes dit « Permis de Loc-Envel » dans les Côtes d’Armor. D’une surface de 336 km², il porte en partie sur les territoires de 25 communes. La durée de validité demandée est de cinq ans et son budget prévisionnel doit s’élever à 11 millions d’euros hors taxe.
- un permis exclusif de recherches de mines de zinc, plomb, étain, or, argent, tungstème, germanium et substances connexes dit « Permis de Silfiac » dans les départements des Côtes d’Armor et du Morbihan. D’une surface de 173 km², il porte en partie sur les territoires de 14 communes. La durée de validité demandée est de cinq ans et son budget prévisionnel doit s’élever à 10,5 millions d’euros hors taxe.

Sorry no image available
Posted by blotto - 3 years ago

Any idea what they're considering mining for?