DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Misleading Darty website

Posted by Anonymous - Created: 3 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by countrydweller - 3 years ago

You have to understand that very often the online "store" is a different entity to the shops French shops do not usually keep large numbers of items in the store"just in case" It is ni=ot economic especially the larger items as many people want the delivered.With the online ordering system you can choose whether to have it delivered to your house or collect from a shop of your choice;If you go into a shop and look round you see what stock they have and can choose or if they do not have it they will get it for you.I am sorry but you have not really understood the system.I have never bought anything from Darty so I have no axe to grind either way but it looks as though there was a misunderstanding here

Sorry no image available
Posted by NellP-986196 - 3 years ago

It's the walking out of the store in disgust I don't get.  Obviously a misunderstanding and maybe a language problem.  With respect to the original poster, if you don't speak French it can be difficult.  I'm sure the assistant in Lannion would have helped and explained given the chance.  

The assistant who helped us at St Brieuc spoke some English, we speak some French and he used his computer to access Google translate for the bits of English he couldn't speak, we had a laugh, we got our fridge!  That's all that matters!  

Sorry no image available
Posted by Emu-408495 - 3 years ago

if you look at the top of the tab it clearly says two to three days for collection at requested store I.e. Lannion.  This product is available for collection at Beauvase today and for collection at Lannion in two to three days.  It might be that there is only one in France and it happens to be in Beauvase but Darty are happy to move it to Lannion for you to collect in two to three days. A good service from them!  It is in stock at darty as is most if not all of their other products But not necessarily at Lannion.  The website does not say the product is in stock at Lannion, only that it is in stock at Darty.  The product would be shipped to Lannion if you were to order it and it would be there for you to collect in two to three days. Not sure how much more simple I can make this for you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sophie hunton - 3 years ago

Most dartys are franchises and wherever you order from online you will be expected to pay up front,I have bought electrical goods from darty,conforama cdiscount ,leclerc,auchen,and electro depot,had no problems with any of them with either delivery or after sales service

Sorry no image available

Because you can order it on line for collection at Lannion, it is delivered there for your convenience from a central warehouse. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 3 years ago

If its only an ecommerce site as you say, why does it say IN STOCK on the individual web page for the Lannion shop?  I go to the tab that specifically lists what is "available" at the magasin. 

Sorry no image available

And as the Darty web site is an ecommerce site, not a site to check up if a store has a product on it's premises, you should have just bought on-line.

Sorry no image available
Posted by RedRock-980501 - 3 years ago

I've just checked the website.

Candy EVOT 12071 is available for FREE DELIVERY. 

Sorry no image available
Posted by RedRock-980501 - 3 years ago

Anonymous, you are being 'silly'.

Darty are probably THE company in France for 100% transparency and quality of service. If you don't want to believe us, go whinge somewhere else.

If you are ordering on-line (and paying, as is normal) it is irrelevant whether or not the local store has 1/2/3 in stock; Darty will deliver on time and install!

if you want to continue this thread with some sort of Mildrew 'I don't believe it!' conversation, I seriously doubt you are going to get much sympathy here when it comes to Darty. Sure, things happen anywhere, but they have consistently high Customer Service ratings, to which I add my own 14 years satisfaction with them.

Just saying,

AndrewJ

Sorry no image available
Posted by Emu-408495 - 3 years ago

I have just looked at this product and the website clearly shows that it is only available for collection at their Beauvais store.