DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

mobile phone

Posted by dirkman - Created: 4 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Anonymous - 4 years ago

An option that might be useful to some people.................

Pick up a cheapo phone on ebay that takes two sim cards.  Then you can install one from France and one from UK to get the cheapest tariff wherever you are.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Joe-Huelgoat-383105 - 4 years ago

If you have a smartphone don't forget that whilst at home you can use VYKE on wifi for really cheap calls and sms.

Sorry no image available
Posted by fruitrouge2 - 4 years ago

@vichy....I really can't remember because I've had lyca for a few yrs now but I don't think it was too long. I'm one of the worst when it comes to waiting for things.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Philealing - 4 years ago

I ordered a Lycamobile SIM to be sent to my address here in France some years ago. It has still not arrived. Went with eLeclerc in the end although they have recently changed their charges./tariffs.

Sorry no image available
Posted by vichy-445734 - 4 years ago

Dear Fruitrouge2

how long did you have to wait for your sim cards to arrive,?? it's now been 10 days, am I being typically British and expecting them to arrive within 10 days  oh dear I  thought I had left all my greed back in the UK, less haste Vichy!   Calm down dear , patience is a virtue. 

Vichy

Sorry no image available

My posting should read..Lycamobile website. .

oops

Vichy :)

Sorry no image available
Posted by fruitrouge2 - 4 years ago

@vichy....You're welcome :-)

Sorry no image available

Dear Fruitrouge2

Thank you, that is just what we were hoping to hear, I have had a look at lycamomilesome website and it looks quite straightforward.  

We reside in France.

Thanks

Vichy

Sorry no image available
Posted by dabbityduck-384379 - 4 years ago

..and must have saved more as well (whoops!)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dabbityduck-384379 - 4 years ago

To go off at a slight tangent... (although have had leClerc for several years with no probs).... if you are going to make calls from the UK whilst visiting or on hols, it may well be cheaper to get a UK mobile phone for use just in the UK . I bought a PAYG basic Nokia for £5 two years ago and must have said more than that in 'roving' charges.